Ask
    pollinger9 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 06:33 PM
    Sole physical custody
    Is there an easy way to get custody of my 10 month old son
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 28, 2009, 07:07 PM

Depends on the circumstances. Do your really expect us to help with that little information?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 07:12 PM

Have the other party agree to it and both parties use an attorney to do all the paper work

Mar 28, 2009, 07:59 PM

I am the sole provider in the family and when its me and her I do all the work and when other people are around she acts like she does all the work and I'm lazy I wake up with him all night I'm with him all day and I work night she's with him maybe 5 hours a day and acts like she does all the work and pays for all his needs he's on my ins. And I pay all copays and medicines he needs plus 90 percent of the food he needs I don't even want child support and if she has it her way she will get support. Did I mention she didn't even want him she wanted to give birth to him and sell him
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pollinger9 View Post
    i am the sole provider in the family and when its me and her i do all the work and when other people are around she acts like she does all the work and im lazy i wake up with him all night im with him all day and i work night shes with him maybe 5 hours a day and acts like she does all the work and pays for all his needs hes on my ins. and i pay all copays and medicines he needs plus 90 percent of the food he needs i dont even want child support and if she has it her way she will get support. did i mention she didnt even want him she wanted to give birth to him and sell him
    Sell him? How does someone go about that? Babies R us?

It sounds like the two of you live together and you take care of the finances and the baby. Sometimes that's the way it is, one person does all the work and the other does nothing or very little.

I'm not a legal expert, but I'm pretty sure that she'd either have to agree to give you full custody or you'd have to prove her an unfit mother.

That's my understanding anyway, but I could be wrong.

Mar 29, 2009, 06:07 AM

Ok, this is better but still not enough. Are you married? It appears that you are at least living together. Are you on the birth certificate? Was paternity established?

As long as you are living together custody is not an issue. But if you split, you will have to prove her unfit in Family Court to get sole custody. If you are planning on splitting, I suggest you consult an attorney first.

Mar 29, 2009, 01:43 PM
    We are not married I was hoping seeing she wanted to sell him at birth I even offered to give her money to leave so she can get her self situated she denied it she said in front of a couple of different people that she didn't want him and the only reason she was keeping him and not signing him over to me was to make my life hell which I think is bull she doesn't want him then she should just leave I don't want anything from her

Mar 29, 2009, 05:25 PM

First she can't just "sign him over to you". Custody has to be affirmed by a court. And courts are very reluctant to terminate a parents rights.

Second, you didn't answer all my questions. The more info you provide the better we can help.

But the bottomline is you need to take her to Family Court and ask for full custody.

Mar 30, 2009, 06:02 AM
    Yes what you said helped a little I just didn't want to take her court I know its very rare that a judge gives full custody to the father and I don't think it right she could get custody of my son and she didn't even want him she just wants to make my life hell

Mar 30, 2009, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pollinger9 View Post
    yes what you said helped a little i just didnt want to take her court i know its very rare that a judge gives full custody to the father and i dont think it right she could get custody of my son and she didnt even want him she just wants to make my life hell
    I think I helped more than a little, but I might have helped more if you gave more info.

While its rare, its not impossible. Whether its right or not depends on the circumstances.

If you don't go to court and get this all formalized by court order, then she will continue to make your life hell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sole custody vs. Joint custody [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have joint custody of my two children and I have physical placement. Their mother has had another child that is about 3 years old and she is currently going through a custody battle in which this child's father is going for sole custody due to my ex's habitual drug use and her inability...

Sole physical custody [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is using drugs and right now he is doing the short outpatient rehab for 6months and I have a temporary custody of my kids. How can file for sole custody?

Primary physical custody and joint legal custody [ 2 Answers ]

My son and his wife are divorced now, they have joint legal custody mother has primary physical custody because my son is in the military and he was told that she had to have primary physical custody in order to enroll the child in school. However she doesn't have my son listed as a contact person...

Sole custody [ 2 Answers ]

my question is my brother and his wife have got a divorce he no more lives in the united states he now lives in nigeria, when the wife filed for divorce she files for sole custody without consulting my brother whom would of loved to have had joint custody now she only lets my brother see his son...

View more questions Search