Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakmack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 04:08 PM
    Caregiver in a will
    My aunt had taken care of my grandmother from July 06 till jan 09,she worked full time the 1st yr,and also babysat her grand daughter the last 6 months.
    I am in Ontario canada.
    She and my brother are both executors to the will. She wants to make a claim against the will and knows she must step down as executor,she wants 80,000 in compensation for caring for our grandma. I t was to our understanding that she and her husband would live their rent free in return for caring for grandma.does she have a legal right to the 80k?
    Grandma also gave her money for smokes,hairdreeser,food day to day stuff.
    We think she is being greedy,the will states thet she gets 1/2 and as my mother passed us kids would receive my moms 1/2.The will is being probated.
    Does she have a legal right to 80k when she is asking for July 06-jan08?
    Please help
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 04:56 PM

If she is asking for payment of services rendered you might want to run that by your local labour board. She would owe taxes etc and her time spent not paying rent would have to be included as part of her " pay ". I think you see where Im going with this. Your going to need to talk to a barrister and pass it by them to see if it flies but it sounds on the surface that she is just being greedy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 06:20 PM

She would need to show some labor or service agreement for this. I see her tying up the will for months and maybe longer but I doubt she would win

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caregiver compensation [ 7 Answers ]

Since 2000 I have overseen my elderly mother's care. She is completely dependent on me. Have moved her more than once a year as she declined, bring her to my home a full day each week, take care of all dr appts etc, do finances. My sis, who lives in another state does not contribute or visit. In...

Is there compensation for a caregiver? [ 5 Answers ]

My elderly and disabled mother is moving in with my family, am I eligible for any compensation from the city, state, or government for her care? I live in Milwaukee, WI and I do not know where to start looking for information. I tried the social services website, but got nothing. If anyone has...

Caregiver forms [ 1 Answers ]

My child is not living with me at the moment. She is living with my aunt. Iam going through some rough times at the moment and do not want her to go through it as well. This stay is temporary, and She is supposed to start school this week but cannot because my aunts district school is not accepting...

Can a caregiver run a blog? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm a live-in caregiver. I just started a personal blog and a friend of mine told me I can register and put adsense to generate income out of it. I'm restricted to only one employer.

View more questions Search