Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sumudu_kk Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 03:26 PM
    How to Factorise the following quadratic equation?
    Can anybody please tell me how to solve the following equation?

k^2 - 8K + 8 = 0
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2009, 03:55 PM
    See here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mathem...on-335050.html
    De4rest Posts: 85, Reputation: 7

Mar 28, 2009, 03:57 PM

Use the quadratic formula, it's not a whole number. You will get like k = -1.17 and k =-6.82. Try it yourself.
    sumudu_kk Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 04:11 PM

Thanks a lot Everyone :)!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Quadratic Equation [ 1 Answers ]

A rectangular lawn measures 7m by 5m. A uniform border of flowers is to be planted along two adjacent sides of the lawn. If the flowers that have been purchased will cover an area of 6.25 m^2, how wide is the border?

Quadratic Equation [ 1 Answers ]

The perimeter of a rectangle base is 300 m. the area of the base is 4400 m^2. what are the dimensions using quadratic equations.

Fully factorise (quadratic algebra) [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: the worked example does not help me at all as I can not make sense out of it. This is the example 9 "x" squared - 6 "x" plus one =(3"x")squared - 2 multiplied by 3"x" multiplied by 1 + 1squared =(3"x"-1)squared when expanded how wold the get the origanal equation. all my...

Quadratic equation [ 1 Answers ]

how do I find 2x squared plus 5x minus 3 over x squared minus 2x minus 15 all divided by 3x squared plus x minus 2 over x squared minus 4x minus 5?

Quadratic equation [ 1 Answers ]

The local building requires that a lawn of uniform width must surround all factories. The area of the lawn must also equal area occupied by the factory.Determine the widht of lawn required for a rectangular factory that measures 120 meters X 80 meters. This is a quadratic equation word

View more questions Search