Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2006, 08:50 PM
    Will using COLORZAP by loreal work for me?
    I dyed my hair using semi-permanent black dye... not permanent. My hair is naturally light chestnut brown. I have been trying to wash it out for about 12 weeks now, and used Clarol's UNCOLOR system for semi-perm dyed hair(to no avail) and it is now to an odd dark red-brown color. My question is, will using a color remover made for permanent dye damage my hair more than normal since I used semi-perm. Dye? I have read on boxes of color removers not to use them over semi-perm dyed hair for risk of breakage... but I am desperate to get rid of this color. What do you suggest? Is there anything I can do? HELP ME PLEASE!!
    -VERY frusterated:eek:
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 10, 2006, 09:17 PM
    There's a color remover called "Clairol The Uncolor System Haircolor Remover." It's designed to remove semi-permanent hair color from the hair. You can find it at the beauty supply store.
    lemew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2006, 06:18 AM
    Thanks for the response, but I already tried it twice and it did nothing... except for make my scalp feel like it was burning... the color change was not noticeable at all. But thanks :)
    -

Sep 11, 2006, 10:12 AM
    I didn't read the part where you've mentioned using Clairol The Uncolor System Haircolor Remover. I had so many beauty and skin care questions to answer, and I was distracted by something. I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work. It's very hard to remove black hair dye. Some stylists will use bleach to remove black hair dyes and then use a toner. First, try using Prell or a clarifying shampoo, they are known to strip hair color. If you still can't get the color out, you can use Color Fix or Color Zap, they're stronger than the Clairol Unclear System. It may take more than one applications of hair color remover to wash out the unwanted pigment. Once the color is removed, you can re-color your hair immediately.
    Chrisvvv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 08:43 AM
    I had dark red-brown hair (permanent haircolor), then I dyed it w/ Natural Instinct Black. It was too dark for me & rinsing it out did not help at all. I then bought Color OOps! & it gently removed the dark haircolor. I ended up w/ a med-dk golden brown. I only left it in 10 minutes. Very gentle stuff. The room smelled for a couple days, but that was the worst part. I am going to do another treatment, maybe 10 minutes, of this Color OOps. It really works & it did not damage my hair.
    tixylixslr26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 01:39 PM
    I've had a similar problem as well, I have med/Dark ASh blonde hair, and I dyed it red, only to find that the colour went much darker than it showed on the box. I tried Rusk elimin8 semi permanent colour remover on my hair, and It seems to have stripped me back to blonde (don't ask how) so maybe that will help you return to a colour close to your original colour. Btw, I bought this in the UK, I don't know if you can get it in the USA.
    PAXTOTHEMAX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Hey
    I have blond hair that I dyed brown, with semi permniont dye. If I use a color romver but don't want to re dye my hair would it work?
    -

Dec 30, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Keep in mind that this is an old thread. In the future, click the "Ask about Beauty & Skin Care" button on the forum and post your questions.

Semi-permanent color is designed to last through several shampoos, but if your hair is blonde, color treated, or porosity, it may leave a permanent tint on your hair. Hair color removers will make your hair brassy or orange, and you must re-color your hair in order for it to look natural. If your current color is brown, and want to go blonde again, you will need to bleach your hair to a yellow stage and then apply a toner.
    jssc0000 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2011, 09:44 PM
    I had red hair for about 3 years now and I dyed it to my "natural" hair color which was drk brown but it came out too dark it lookd black but now I want to dye it orange so I tried but it didn't come out so if I buy a color remover will it work or what
    lexylynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 07:50 PM
    My hair has been black for about a year and a half, by a total mistake of a color that was supposed to be brown and came out black, and I've been dyeing it various dark browns to try and lighten it and now it's a brown/black color. A few days ago, I bought two boxes of color zap and two boxes of Clairol Natural Instincts in Medium Auburn Brown to try and finally get rid of it. Going to use them both tonight. Hopefully everything will work out since I can't afford to drop hundreds of dollars at a salon to lighten it professionally. Fingers crossed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How bad do products like ColorZap damage hair. [ 18 Answers ]

I had a really nice light brown color in my hair but it started to take on this orangy tone, so a thought I'd refresh it. I chose a brand I had never used before. It was supposed to be a "light natural brown" but it turned my hair a sort of jet black. IT'S AWFUL and I HATE it. My hair is naturally...

Kojic Acid? Sure White Cream And Loreal Whitening Creams [ 13 Answers ]

Please Can Someone Help Me Here? I Have Been Using Sure White Cream For Over A Year Now And Honestly It Did Help When I Went On Holidays I Got A Tan Came Back And Stopped Using It Now I Am Using It Again But The Cream Contains Kojic Acid Is That Dangerous? What About The Loreal Creams Are They Any...

I need help with some ap work [ 5 Answers ]

I'm completely stressed out with all the work that needs to be done over the summer I thought I was moving but I'm not so I have 2 weeks to do a ton of worksome questions I can't get and imhoping someone can help me What efforts were made to strengthen english control over the colonies of the...

LOREAL and Proactiv and magic cream [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. Has anyone tried any of these products? I'm asian and I'm 18. I have problems with acne. They are not too big but they are small and too many. I just want to get rid of them. I'm not hoping for a lighter complexion. Anyway, have anyone tried of these products? Please help me.

Will it all work out [ 2 Answers ]

I am 31 and just found out I am 8 weeks pregnant. I have $19,000 in debt I don't know how I will pay back and have just broken up with my boyfriend. He knows nothing of the baby or the debt. If I tell him I am pregnant then I have to tell about the debt. I am so scared I don't know what to...

View more questions Search