Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inyhunter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 09:30 AM
    Generic, oxycodone-perciocet new manufactures
    I received a pescription of generic percicoet, oxycodone?
    Lately every body know there has been a nation wide shortage of the pain medicine, well I received a refill unlike my past refills the drug is called endocet?
    ENDOCET- generic percicocet has a new manufacture and color yellow all the way through?
    I took this medicine asked several different pharmacys and they claim it's the same as my regular script of 10/325 I took this medicine and its not working for my pain I take it and it doesn't even feel like I took anything, what has this new manufacture done to this medicine and has anyone else announced this concern?? I'm verry worried as to what I am going to do now that I have filled this script and its not working? Usually when its filled generically its called oxycodone? This is called endocet what is the difference and how come its yellow and doesn't seem to be working for my pain like my regular generic percicoet?? Please help as I am very concerned and I a sure that I'm not the only one having this problem? And the cost is still very high to get it filled, and how come the previous manufactures were shut down by the FDA, food and drug administration?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 01:06 PM

You should be able to find your answer here:

Percocet vs. Endocet | Pharmer.org
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 04:27 PM

I do know that they are changing and the price is going up. Not sure why. Changing, I think means that the generic will not be available anymore.

I do agree that there is a manufactuer's difference. I take Fiorinal and way back when the binder changed when the manuafactuer changed. You could tell based on how the tablet crumbled. I could flip flop between brands and get different forms of relief. I had to abandon the tablets and go to the capsules. It was harder to mess them up.

My pharmacist doesn't even know why, but I do know that oxycodone is affected. I take that and percoset too.

Maybe it's patent violation. I have no idea. Might be worth trying to find something.

Yes, I do believe there is a diference in effectiveness based on the manufacturer. The drug has to deliver the same amount of the base drug and you would think that it doesn't matter. In my experience, it does. I had to ask for a specific generic brand at one time. The pharmacist was able to accommodate that request.
    gazzzmann Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 07:56 AM
    Oxycodone is the generic for percoset,and the manufactuer decided if they dropped Oxycodone 40 er,at a drugstore cost of $450.00 per 90 they could make more money selling oxycontin 40 er(the brand) they could demand $650.00 per 90. My wife will run out of medicare brand name drug coverage in may with no alternative! Our insurance would have covered oxycodone 40 er(generic) for the rest of the year now "nothing"
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2010, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzzmann View Post
    Oxycodone is the generic for percoset,
    gazzzmann:

The information above is INCORRECT. Oxycodone is generic for Oxycontin, but as of the last time I got one filled there is no generic anymore.

However, Percoset contains oxycodone/oxycontin but is mixed with varying proportions of Aceteminophen or Tylenol, then 7.5-500 Percoset/Endocet contains 7.5 mg of oxycontin/oxycodone and 500 mg of Aceteminophen/Tylenol

Actually, I BELIEVE, the issue is do to how the ER or Extended Release Works and patent infringement, but I'm not sure for why Oxycontin is not available in a generic form. Also all generic manuacturers do not make all of the strengths of Percoset.

Apr 17, 2010, 12:16 PM

KISS,you are right,I meant oxycodone ER is the generic for oxycontin.the drugist told me its strickly a money thing,the strongest oxycodone is 30mg ir
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2010, 12:30 PM

I take as many 10's that I need, usually 3.
    Rarely 2-5.
    You just can't cut them.

Apr 17, 2010, 12:55 PM

You want to be rewarded for something I already knew,just mispoke,why don't you reward me,in order for my wife to get what she's used to I will have to pay $650.00 a month,which I don't have
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2010, 05:38 PM

Na. I just paid $6400 for a 3 month's supply of drugs. Fortunately, I should get mostly reimbursed. I need insulin to survive and that was close to $3000. PS. I'm disabled for now. Not my idea. Needed 3 more years for full retirement. Missed one by 6 months so I get partial benefits (minus a 6 month credit), missed the other by 3 years. Lost ALL of them. At least I have health/drug and dental benefits.

If I understand you correctly, only certain strengths are available ingeneric for Oxycodone. Am I correct?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2010, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    You should be able to find your answer here:

Percocet vs. Endocet | Pharmer.org
    Excellent referral to original question. Hope you have taken advantage.

Apr 18, 2010, 06:37 AM

10 -20 and 30 ir far cry from 40 ER.this has happened before can't remember exactly when but in the meantime we make do! Tough times ahead.Obama should have put more control over drug company's

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Generic medication [ 1 Answers ]

What is the generic equivalent to either CREON 10, and PANGESTYME? Need less expensive meds

Who manufactures Yangson Generation 3 "Altezza Style" clear tail lights? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know who manufactures Yangson Generation 3 "Altezza Style" clear Tail lights? I am trying to find out who manufactures these tail lights and where these tail lights are manufactured. There seems to be a lot of distributers in the market place but no mention of a manufacturer! ...

Is DNA Testing Generic? [ 2 Answers ]

I've Been Researching About DNA Tests In Order To Know Which One I Should Chose. I'm Trying To Find Out If A Girl Is My Daughter... I Understand A DNA Test Is The 99.99% Effective Solution. Now. I See There 'R' Many Different Types Of DNA Test And I'm Confused. Thank You In Advance For Your...

Who manufactures laptops for use in 3rd world countries? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a fellow, whose name I have forgotten. He is building laptops for use in third-world countries with features such as hand-cranked chargers and spill-proof keyboards, better than the keybords most of us use. Who is this gentleman?

Payables-Generic ? [ 2 Answers ]

:'( When the month end trial balance is done, shouldn't the payables, (such as wages payable) be cleared to 0??

View more questions Search