Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnneedshelp Posts: 67, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 08:41 AM
    Baseboard heater themostate
    I am installing a baseboard heater on a 240v 20amp circuit. I have a Honeywell Cadet thermostate. Sounded simple enough to hook up until I discovered the thermo. Has no place to connect the ground. I called the helpline and a person who did not speak english very well said that I don't need the ground and I should just tape it off. Does this make sense or should I tie the ground coming out of the panel to the ground on the baseboard heater?
    Tev Posts: 232, Reputation: 20

Mar 28, 2009, 01:02 PM

Connect the ground from the panel to the ground from the heater. It just won't be passing through the thermostat which is exactly as required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseboard heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older baseboard heater which is 12 feet long and I do not want to replace as it is very sturdy and the way they make them now, they are very flimsy. I had to replace the knob on this baseboard heater. I took the cover of the front and the wire sparked. After this the baseboard vibrates...

I have 2 baseboard heater in my basement. The wall thermostat is on the off position yet the heater are extremely hot. I cannot turn them off. Is this something that I could fix or should I consult an electrician. I am concerned about the possibility of a fire. Thank you Lorraine

We bought a marley 2545 baseboard iwe connecting adopuble pole thermostat to it on the left endheater has 2 black wires the theromstat has a red and black wire and groung heater says you can wire to either end but the right end has a black and red wire how do I do this we are only wiring on...

Themostate connection [ 1 Answers ]

I have a manual thermostat with two wires and I would like to connect a programmable thermostat which has four connections. I do not have AC. So how do I hook up a four connection programmable thermostat to a two wire connection.

I recently changed all the heaters and thermostats in my house with brand new heaters and programmable thermostats. All heaters are wired to 15 amps double pole breakers with the appropriate size wire(14 is it? It was inspected so it is the right size). In my living room, I changed the 2000 heater...

View more questions Search