Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whromans Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 05:31 AM
    Internet Explorer won't connect
    Internet explorer won't connect,. possible ftp problem,. mozilla works great
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2009, 07:43 AM

Try to reset defaults

Click tools, internet options, adv tab and click on the Reset Defaults button towards the bottom, click OK

Restart IE and see if you can connect

Mar 28, 2009, 08:36 AM

No,. still will not conect
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2009, 01:03 PM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.

What OS

Mar 28, 2009, 03:57 PM

Ok... had a problem with McAfee, had to uninstall it,. when I updated the Mozilla it would not connect either, so I had to restore it back to before the update and it works good,. however can not get Internet Explorer to connect. I have tried installing Internet 8, and a new McAfee, but they will not work.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2009, 04:16 PM

I would go to add/remove programs and uninstall IE8 and let it go back to IE7 to see if that will let you connect

If not and you are back to ie7, I would download ie7 and install it over what is there now - but uninstall 8 first

Internet Explorer 7: Get It Now
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 11:40 PM

If you are facing any kind of problem then, you can enable through these steps: Click on the start > run > type iexplore.exe and then OK. Click on the tools menu, select the internet options and Seletct the Advanced tab, and then click to clear the enable folder view for FTP sites check box, after that click apply, and then OK.

If problem still remains same then, optimize the browser by deleting internet temporary files, cookies and in the advanced option unchecked the third party software.
    brendabenda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbraken View Post
    If you are facing any kind of problem then, you can enable through these steps: Click on the start > run > type iexplore.exe and then ok. Click on the tools menu, select the internet options and Seletct the Advanced tab, and then click to clear the enable folder view for FTP sites check box, after that click apply, and then ok.

If problem still remains same then, optimize the browser by deleting internet temporary files, cookies and in the advanced option unchecked the third party software.
    Done this and it worked many thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer Won't Connect [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone help with this one please? I'm running XP SP2 home with IE6. Use Zone Alarm. Have a Safecom SWARMU 54108 Router (cable only, wireless switched off). All items have to ask permission before ZA will allow net access, apart from the essential windows components (e.g. it's set so I have...

Internet Explorer VERY slow to connect, if at all. [ 6 Answers ]

We've got a problem that's popping up on our systems here at work, and it's specifically with IE. When you fire up IE on some systems, about 50% of the time, it sits there saying that it's connecting - sometimes for up to a few minutes. If you close IE, wait a minute, then fire it back up, it...

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet [ 5 Answers ]

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet. I know that the connection is fine as Firefox works. I have cable broadband through a wireless connection. When I try to use Explorer it comes up with Internet explorer annot display the webpage. I have tried to look at other threads but can't seem...

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

View more questions Search