Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kell322 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2006, 07:12 PM
    Fighting Divorce
    If you don't want a divorce can you just not sign papers? What happens? I just wonder if you can say that you are not giving them a divorce.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2006, 08:20 PM
    Then both parties will go to court and eventually the Judge will grant it.

All you can do it delay the divorce, not stop it completely.
    gamestar10 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2006, 10:00 PM
    In Oregon, you have 30 days to respond to the petition of divorce. If there is no response, the petitioner gets everything that was requested in the petition.

ES
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2006, 06:06 AM
    I am sorry you are in the middle of a divorce, but honestly if the other party wants one, and you don't, you can't stop it from happening.

You may hire an attorney and slow it down, you can drag them back into court over minor issues. But in the end the judge will rule on it and grant it.

Best advice is to take the high road and part on the best terms you can, fighting it will only make them hate you more at this point. Then take the money you would have spent on an attorney and get counseling to get over it.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2006, 07:30 PM
    You can always contest a divorce. Of course a judge can still grant it over your objections. A lot would depend on the individual circumstances.
    friendly86401 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 09:17 AM
    I read all of your comments. What if I was never notified about the court case by writing or served by the court... I live in Arizona?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father fighting for custody wants to know what to expect and how to prepare for court [ 13 Answers ]

I have served my child's mother with a custody hearing, and I myself have taken some measures to provide for the case such as tape recordings of her and the threats she made while she was pregnant about killing her self, taking a bottle of pills, then there are some stating that "This is my baby,...

Fighting cravings [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just wondering how you fight the cravings. I am trying to stay healthy, maybe lose a little weight but I am having a terrible time trying to fight these cravings. Any ideas? Any advice? AnyTHING? Please... I'm getting desperate! :eek:

Another Bathroom is needed... The boys are fighting to use the bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

First, thank you for having this kind of forum. Now also let me say that I'm not well versed in the plumbing lingo so hopefully you will be patient with my questions. I live in a 3 levels home (Basement, Main, Upstairs) with the existing bathroom is on the main floor. I'm planing to add...

Blue Security Spam Fighting [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone else here uses Blue Frog for spam and if you have found that you are getting any less spam. For those who don't know what it is basically you can report your spam to the Blue Security group and they hammer the spammer's website's with opt out requests on your behalf. ...

Help with fighting kittens [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 kittens, 2 females and 1 male. They are all 3 months old and from the same litter. The male was sick for 2 weeks and was not allowed to be near the females. Today the vet gave me the go ahead to put them all together again. I was expecting a happy reunion, but that's not what happened! 1...

View more questions Search