Psychology assignment
    Maria’s husband was unemployed. He used to spend all his time in
    Immoral and purposeless activities. He does not bother about his
    Responsibilities and even abuse her physically. When Maria demanded
    He happily divorced her. After several years of divorce, she was unable
    To understand why she still become nauseated when smells the perfume
    Used by her ex-husband.

Mention the model which can better explain the Maria’s situation. Also
    Discuss its main concerns with reference to Maria’s case. (2+4)

There are different misconceptions about psychological disorders. Explain
    Them with reference to Pakistani society. (4)
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Mar 28, 2009, 02:18 AM

Hmm, sounds like a behaviourist's idea of classical conditioning.

Or conditioning of some sort. So like Pavlov's dogs and the bell, then their food, then they would salavate. Do this enough, and the dogs salavate do to the expectation of food when the bell rings. The dogs would have to of remembered that when the bell rings, they would get food or some deeper inner biological reasoning for this event...

So she smelled his "sent", and her body reacted to it. It remembered, possibly within her subconcious, that he used to wear that specific perfume, so she reacted as if he was still right beside her or near her. She has a learned response of feeling nauseated when she smells that sent, because it's directly linked to her ex. There are many ways to approach this, like getting her used to smelling the perfume till the learned response becomes, I'm not 100% on this but, an extinct response. (I might talk about her fear, or anxiety from when he abused her while they were together, would be coming out in a new way. Stress has to go some where, so if it gets deep enough it could become manifested physically. They don't call it a pain in the neck for nothing eh!;))
    I'm sure there is more, and I do have my Psych text book here, but I'm a tad tired to look at it, sorry.

I don't really know much about the pakistani social structure, nor their day to day society. You are on your own there dude. I'm sure some one will have more on it...

Not sure what you are looking for, but that's the best I can give you, let me know how I did... I love psychology.

Got a lot to say about it, especailly mental illnesses, and Brain plasticity.
    mehreen28 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 04:33 AM
    Thank u I got some clue.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Mar 28, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mehreen28 View Post
    thank u i got some clue.
    You are welcom, I'm sure there is other ideas to go by, but from what I know that sounds like the best option or explanation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Psychology [ 6 Answers ]

I am going to college next fall, and I am thinking abou majoring in psychology. I am having trouble finding fields of work, and careers that go along with this major. Could anyone help me out?

Psychology [ 4 Answers ]

What is the nature of consciousness? When not fully conscious, what behavious or mental activities (such as perception, learning) may occur unchanged? What activities occur but function differently? What activities cease?

Psychology [ 2 Answers ]

Why study psychology?

Psychology [ 2 Answers ]

What is the medical term for a person who has an unnatural attraction towards himself/herself?

View more questions Search