Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teastalk Posts: 299, Reputation: 21

Mar 27, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Dating lots of people or dating only one?
    Do you think you should multiple people at the same time or only one?
    sarah63 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 12:17 AM

Well it depends if you're single or not. If you're single then sure, you can date as many people as you want but if you are in a relationship then you should stick to one person.
    lovepolis Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 02:28 AM

But how about if you are one of the many girls that the guy is seeing... will you feel disappointed/upset?
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2009, 04:21 AM

I would say that too it guess how serious it is...
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2009, 05:03 AM

As long as your not in a committed relationship then your free to date as many people you want because that want dating is about.

It's like an employer looking to hire someone. They're going accept as many resumes as they can to find the right person. Then their going interview more than one person for the job before they hire one. They aren't going hire the first person that walk through the door regardless of their resume.

The same thing applies to date. Your dating to find a right candidate to be your boyfriend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 09:34 AM

Date them all and have a great time until you find one who like you is serious. If others can't handle it, that's their problem, not yours.
    KikiGirl13 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2009, 11:02 AM

If you're in a relationship, stick to one person. If you're single, then date. But if you feel committed to ONE person, stick to that ONE person.
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

May 22, 2009, 09:00 PM

It depends on what you are trying to achieve. My coworker wanted to get married, so he wrote a list of 10 or so women that sparked his interest. I think he dated each one for about a month. He married the 4th one on the list. He knew what he was looking for and didn't stop until he found her. Rumor has it that I was somewhere on the list, but no prob.

I also know a woman in an open relationship that has a supply of men that she goes out with depending on the day of the week. She fell in love with one of them and when she told him, she lost him out of her rotation.

I only go out on romantic dates with one guy at a time. If he doesn't show potential of being "the one" I move on.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 09:35 PM

Hi, teastalk!

When I was younger, I dated a lot of different women. Most of the women that I dated also dated others during the times that I was dating them. In my opinion, I think that it's best not to get set on just one person as a life partner until you're sure they're the right one for you.

Thanks!

May 24, 2009, 03:43 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your stories! I enjoyed reading them, because I liked to get a wider perspective on the dating world.

I was actually suppose to go on a date with a guy to see a play, but then the guy took someone else the night before we were going to see it. I saw him there and it just made me feel uncomfortable about going on the date with him the following day to the same play. The short of it is, is that I did end up seeing the play with him.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2009, 04:52 PM

Not in a relationship, date them all. Enjoy life, find a compatible partner and then settle down.

May 26, 2009, 07:19 PM

I'm not sure where to put this question since it's better to have one long continuous thread than a bunch of small ones that are kind of related to one another.

For a girl, should she wait for a guy to call her and ask her out on dates? Does it mean that the guy is more serious about her if she hardly calls him and he's the one who is calling her? It seems to me that this may be a traditional view of dating.

I know that girls have the same ability to call a guy and ask him out on dates. Perhaps this is the way that it is always done and I've just only seen the "movie version" of dating where it's always the guy calling and asking for dates.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2009, 07:22 PM

First if you are dating, date several people, find out what you like or don't like about different ones. I have dated 4 or 5 ladies at a time ( not same date of course) and try and find one I can be serous about,

That is what dating is, just dating,

Depending on your culture, girls should be calling the guys if they are interested

May 27, 2009, 12:43 AM

Hmm, interesting. I guess I always thought that if a guy was interested, that he would be calling. However, I do know there have been some threads where the girl has stated that they didn't do anything and let the guy call them, but that the guy eventually said that he felt like he was doing all the work and that's why the relationship didn't work.

I want to make this question into a different thread because I think most people will see the title and assume that it's only about dating lots of people versus dating only one at a time. The question now is whether a girl should call up a guy if she's interested in him and whether the fact that she's the one calling is an indication that maybe she's into him more than he is into her.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 05:20 AM

Personally if I am doing all the calling, I quickly back off because I don't feel the girl is interested. I've done it before, I made attempts to go out on a date with a girl, she said sure then day of the date, canceled. I didn't call her then she saw me outside of work and thought I was "hot" and wanted to date again. Once again I didn't call because I wasn't going to put in effort if none was received.

I did call my now fiancé first, but she also responded and also texted/called me at times as well. I guess it all basis on your personality. I say if you're into someone, guy or girl, give them a call.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 05:25 AM
    My theory has always been both partners have to feel that what their doing is the right thing, and are comfortable with it. Dating is not a commitment, its about fun, and why be exclusive after a few dates in the first place? It doesn't matter who calls who, as its more important that both partners know what, and why they are dating.

Just me but after only a week, no way are we under each other everyday, or being sucky face all the time. But we will talk enough to be honest with each other. After that you just wait, and see how things get on from there.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teastalk View Post
    Hmm, interesting. I guess I always thought that if a guy was interested, that he would be calling. However, I do know there have been some threads where the girl has stated that they didn't do anything and let the guy call them, but that the guy eventually said that he felt like he was doing all the work and that's why the relationship didn't work.

I want to make this question into a different thread because I think most people will see the title and assume that it's only about dating lots of people versus dating only one at a time. The question now is whether or not a girl should call up a guy if she's interested in him and whether the fact that she's the one calling is an indication that maybe she's into him more than he is into her.
    I think that it's OK for girls to call - we expect guys to call girls why shouldn't girls do it as well.

Who cares if she might be more into him than he is into her - that's splitting hairs, and anyway you won't know unless you call!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 05:37 PM

If I haven't approach my fiancé we would not be together let alone be getting married.

I saw him thought he wa cute and went up to him and asked for his number in a ice cream paylor. He ended up buying me ice cream and we sat down and eat it then exchanged numbers. Make plans for that evening and the rest is history.

If you see a guy that catches your eye don't be shy. Don't wait around for him to notice you let him know you see him because there is nothing wrong with going after what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Children who don't like their parents dating other people [ 20 Answers ]

My mother and father got a divorce when I was younger, and then later on they were thinking about getting back together again. This made me very happy, but death stepped in. My father died:( Now there is a new guy that stepped in my mother's life. He tries to be friendly to me, but I don't...

Dating different people. [ 2 Answers ]

How many different people do you normally date in a month? Because I don't know if I am normal or going over the limit =s

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search