Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bk39 Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 07:09 PM
    ? Asked in other computers also, uninstall IE8
    My ISP told me my IE was corrupted and didn't think it was a virus.
    I recently installed IE8 and I believe that has been the source of my problems and support thought so also.

I tried it but it wouldn't allow me to install IE7 since I have the later edition IE8.
    Can you help me by telling me how to uninstall IE8 so I can reinstall IE7?
    It may still be a virus although my McAfee finds nothing.

I am not computer literate so don't know how to uninstall IE8 so I can reinstall IE7

Thanks.

Seahawk, I have gone to add/remove and I do not see anything that says IE8 and I do not know how to interpret other names/codes that may be the IE8. IE per se does not appear there.
    Any ideas?
    Also, I have tried uninstalling IE several ways in the MS help desk and it still won't for away. I tried their, MS, removal tool and no luck. I tried it manually, and no luck.
    I have tried Revco with no luck.
    Any other ideas?
    Until I can get rid of IE8, I have no idea if it is a virus that is screwing things up or what. McAfee finds no virus and MSD Malare finds nothing either.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 09:50 PM

Go to control panel and then the add/remove programs and go down the list till you see IE8 and uninstall/remove

When uninstalling, it will go back to previous version of IE that you were using.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot Uninstall Spysweeper. It's eating my computers resources! [ 10 Answers ]

Please help me Uninstall Webroot Spysweeper in Windows XP : I updated SpySweeper to the newest horrible version. My computer is now SLOW so I tried to uninstall it. I tried doing so through Add/Remove Programs. Also tried going through 'start,run'.. then locating the file to uninstall. I get...

Can't, uninstall, AOL [ 2 Answers ]

Can't, uninstall, AOL

How Do I Uninstall IE v7? [ 3 Answers ]

IE v7 seems to be the problem I'm having with GeoCities Page Builder. I can no longer Save my pages. I would like to uninstall IE v7 & install v6. I use XP Home Edition. Any hints would be very much appreciated. treelady

Can't uninstall [ 2 Answers ]

I'm using Microsoft office home and student trial version and it was now expired.. I want to uninstall it.. but whenever I run the uninstaller there's an error saying "set up cannot continue because the required file is either corrupted or not available. run set up again from the original...

Uninstall [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to uninstall a program but this message appeared on after confirming deletion.. "unable to locate the installation log file C/:program files blah blah... Uninstallation will not continue. What could be the problem? Anyone help please~ ;)

View more questions Search