Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Sep 5, 2006, 06:28 PM
    Ollieing
    I'm learning how to ollie and I can get it 1 inch of the ground and I keep on trying to go higher but it won't work
    BarryFrank Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by akms
    im learning how to ollie and i can get it 1 inch of the ground and i keep on trying to go higher but it wont work
    First things first how old are you?

Not to be rude in anyway mind you, just if your struggling it may be because your 10-13 years old and you haven't got the hight or strength in your leg muscles to be popping huge ollies over signs.

If this is the case, trust me it will come to you soon enough.

If your older then it may be down to you technique, You have to push you back foot down on the tail of the board and a split secound after you've done that slide your front foot to the front of the board to even it out.

This is really a courdanace thing and it will take you a while for your brain to get this timming right but I assure you it will come =]

The ollie is the first and hardest trick to master, once you have it everything will begin to flow e.g flips and grabs.

My last bit of advice is as you have popped the ollie and allowed to slide you foot up the nose of the board, try jumping that little bit higher and suck up your legs into you stomach, this will allow the board to reach the highest of its ollie without you feet pushing it down. =]

Practice makes perfect =]

hope that helps =]
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Dec 23, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Well I am 11 years old so the 10 to 13 thing covers me
    Thanks
    heidirobinson Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 03:50 PM
    im learning how to ollie and i can get it 1 inch of the ground and i keep on trying to go higher but it wont work
    All you have to do is press really hard against the back of the board and pay a lot of attention to sliding your other foot up.
    yeahIskate Posts: 19, Reputation: -1

May 19, 2007, 01:36 PM
    It depends where you put your feet. If they are far apart from together its harder so try putting them about 6 inches apart and putting the foot you push down with closer to the edge of the tail

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search