Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flymanansh Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 03:16 PM
    Does a dual-status alien qualify for a recovery rebate credit
    I am a dual-status alien and single now. I am wondering if I am qualified for $600 recovery rebate credit when filling in Form 1040

Thanks
    flymanansh Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 04:32 PM

BTW, I didn't receive stimulus payment last year
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 15, 2009, 12:38 PM
    Negative; dual-status aliens are NOT eligible for the RRC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recovery Rebate Credit [ 3 Answers ]

My wife was on H4 last yr and I was on H1B. 2007 we filed jointly with her ITIN. We didn't receive the stimulus rebate last year. This yr she has filed for her F1 and just got it recently. She also will be getting an on-campus employment which means she should be eligible to apply for the SSN. My...

About Recovery rebate credit [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was working in USA since 2 years on valid SSN.Last year I did my tax returns with my wife.she is on H4 visa,so we have applied for her ITIN with IRS.We didn't get any stimulous checks as she didn't have valid SSN in 2007.In 2008 we had baby boy and now we are looking for some help in...

Child tax credit for dual status alien [ 3 Answers ]

I am a dual status alien for 2008. I was a NRA from June to Nov 2008. Resident alien from Dec 2008. As per IRS laws, I have to file as married filing separately even though my wife and daughter stayed with me throughout 2008. My US income was below the $55,000 limit for claiming child tax...

Recovery Rebate Credit [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I (H1 with SSN) arrived in US in March 2008, for the first time on H4 without SSN. Am I eligible for Recovery Rebate Credit? IRS is asking for SSN for my wife, to get this credit.. First time coming to US will not effect to claim for Recovery Rebate Credit? Thanks, Sumit

Do I qualify for Dual Status return? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1. Never been in US before 2. Arrived on 7th of July 2006 and will stay up to 25th of June, 2007. Total Stay for the year 2006 is 178 days. Currently on L1 Visa. 3. Spouse does not belong to US. 4. Had Indian income up to June 2006 in India. Please suggest if I would qualify for...

View more questions Search