Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rossmallatt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2006, 01:36 PM
    How do I choose the right vinyl siding?
    I am going to hire a contractor to put vinyl siding on my farm house, replacing the aluminum siding damaged by hail. I've heard quality of vinyl runs across the board. I don't want the cheap stuff they put on slab vinyl box homes. Some questions I have are:
    What should I look for in choosing siding?
    How much is a square of siding?
    What is a fair price for good siding?
    I want something that looks good and is high quality.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Sep 6, 2006, 07:10 PM
    To learn more about vinyl siding go to vinylsiding.org.

Some good sidings are Wolverine, Crane. etc. Your going to pay for better sidings. How much? I don't know. Depends on your area. Usually a square is about $250-300.00. Things to look for are durability, fading, thickness, warranty by the manufacture.

Quick note.. your contractor will recycle the alum. Siding he is tearing off which will earn him even more money from your job. If you have the means, have him leave the siding so you can take it and get the recycling money. But don't request this until after he has bid the job. Worse comes to worse you may have to negotiate this part.
    Master Spade Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skiberger
    To learn more about vinyl siding go to vinylsiding.org.

Some good sidings are Wolverine, Crane. etc. Your going to pay for better sidings. How much? I dont know. Depends on your area. Usually a square is about $250-300.00. Things to look for are durability, fading, thickness, warranty by the manufacture.

Quick note..your contractor will recycle the alum. siding he is tearing off which will earn him even more money from your job. If you have the means, have him leave the siding so you can take it and get the recycling money. But dont request this until after he has bid the job. Worse comes to worse you may have to negotiate this part.

I'm also thinking of getting Vinyl siding and have already talked to 4 contractors and received 3 quotes, but each contractor tells a different story!! Even the measurement of the house is in debate! One says it's 18 and another says it's 21 Square?? How can there be such a disparity?

What questions are the best to ask?

I went to that website you recommended, vinylsiding.org,but it only gives very generic answers to non-members. For the Real info, you have to be a Contractor, It says: "Only employees of VSI member companies have access to the Members Only section of VSI’s website." Why won't they just give ME information?

It's like they're trying to hide stuff from the consumer:eek: , and only help the contractor:eek: .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which whitening cream to choose? [ 17 Answers ]

I've tried Makari and I noticed some changes. It made my skin smoother and more even in tones. I haven't tried the Whiterskin products nor the magic cream. I'm asking you guys for a recommendation to which product is more effective among these three brands: Makari, Whiterskin, Magic Cream. ...

Don't know which one to choose [ 6 Answers ]

OK so I'm dating my best friends ex and she swore that it didn't bother her because she was the one that told me that I should date him and I told her that if she ever had a prob with it to let me know. And so then there other day she told me that she did so then I broke up with him. Well after I...

How old till they can choose? [ 5 Answers ]

How old does a teen have to be till they can choose where they live? My daughter is 14 and she is very unhappy where she is at. She wants to come and live with me. If her dad decides not to let her come and live with me what can I do leagally? We have joint custody and they live with him.

Help choose laptop [ 4 Answers ]

I am planning to buy a laptop. What's the best processor to have for my laptop? Another question, what's the difference between a pentium M processor and a centrino processor? Thanks! :)

How to choose software package [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir or Madam, I

View more questions Search