Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2006, 12:49 PM
    Break Through save games
    I saved a game in an unwinnable spot by accident. I have played this game for several years and my backup save is not winnable either. Is it possible to retrieve an earlier save game?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Sep 5, 2006, 01:43 PM
    If this is a console system's memory card, the answer is no.

If this is a PC game, then the answer is maybe. You may be able to recover an earlier version of the savegame file using a utility like Restoration.

Most likely however, your save game is gone. Sorry dude.
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Sep 5, 2006, 07:17 PM
    The only other option (if it was a PC game) is to look for something like a saved-game hacking program. The saved game is nothing but a hexadecimal file storing all information about your game. Some people have written programs for some save-game files that allow you to tweak character stats, inventories, and even locations and locked doors.

There are a couple of games out there that were buggy when released, and required the use of saved-game hack programs to actually complete. A little Google searching might tell you if it's possible in your case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help save my sanity! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all... I broke down at 4 this morning... I just couldn't take it any more. I couldn't get to sleep because of the 'running' water from the toilet. I had looked on a web site before going to bed... it sounded simple enough! It said the floating ball or the rubber flap thing needed...

I am not able to save the web page:- [ 2 Answers ]

Hi folks, http://www.ramakrishnavivekanandain...vol_2_frame.htm Even if I am able to do I am not getting the article , work and it's Secret Can anybody suggest ways of doing this..?

Help me save my furniture! [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do to prevent my 3 cats from clawing on my furniture? I have a wonderful pole that one cat uses but not the other 2. Any suggestions for me??

Can't Save Images as jpg, only bitmap [ 2 Answers ]

All of a sudden this week, the computer I'm using at work won't let me save images from the internet as .jpg anymore. It only gives me the option of bitmap. What changed and how do I change it back? I was able to save .jpg images all the time before.

View more questions Search