Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vbsvbs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 05:33 AM
    Client server program in java
    [I] have a problem about writing client-server program. I want to write two (using TCP and UDP) different client and server programs which are used to transfer an ascii file. Some different information about this project is that the server will wait for client connection and when the client is connected, it informs the user as “Connection request”. The client program has to ask the name of the file to the user and the name has to be transferred to the server then the server sends the file to the client. If it is necessary, separate the files into small blocks. After the whole file has been transferred, both client and the server have to inform user as “Transfer has completed”. I'm waiting help from you.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Mar 27, 2009, 03:24 PM

This is a bit off for a networking post but try the Code Project web site. Also, another favorite of mine is the Wrox web site for code downloads and excellent book titles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TCP/UDP client server [ 5 Answers ]

Hello sir, I have a few questions to ask about TCP/UDP 1)how to write in c++ program to show the communication using socket TCP for synchronous communication and UDP for asynchronous communication for the simple client server program. 2) A simple application that uses RPC or RMI for the...

How to connect 2 computer making one server and other client via lan [ 1 Answers ]

Hello sir, I have oracle apps installed on 1 computer with linux os and different tools of oracle like toad,report buider,form builder installed on my laptop with windows xp as os. I want to connect both computer so that I can connect oracle tools with oracle apps making one as...

A program on Web server running on Client browser [ 1 Answers ]

Some programs, like MS excel, are installed in a server machine working as web server. Through client machine's browser I want to execute the server's programs like MS excel, i.e. MS excel will be shown inside the web browser of client. What will be code in ASP.NET, Javascript, VBScript or C#. At...

Client/server networks [ 1 Answers ]

Client/server networks

Client-Server information transfer [ 1 Answers ]

This question is with regard to Client (PC workstation running MS Windows) running MS Word and relevant graphic utility accessing Word documents and graphic files respectively on the Network Server (running Netware network operating system). For reference “Novell Client for Windows” will be...

View more questions Search