Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kef Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 04:14 AM
    80's sci-fi cartoon, boy having a gun in place of his hand.
    Greetings from Finland!

Roughly 20 years ago when I was a kid, I remember watching this sci-fi cartoon film my dad rented to me. It was divided into three separate VHS (or so I recall), so it might have been originally even series. Here's what I remember:

The hero was a guy whose other hand was replaced with a big gun. Somehow he was (psychicly?) able to guide the bolts he fired because those shots could make turns, and that way he could shoot e.g. behind corners. I also have a vague recollection that this guy was wearing red clothes whole time.

There was also three girls, sisters I think, who all had one third of a secret map tattooed to their backs. Those girls were chased by the bad guys, because if someone could get all three map pieces, and combine them to whole map, it would reveal the location of some powerful weapon or something like that.

I remember two essential villains. One was a robot / cyborg of some kind. It looked a bit like a human skeleton without a rib-cage, and was made of (yellowish?) metal, and it was covered with some kind of transparent armor-glass which could not be penetraded even by main characters gun. The other villain was one of those three sisters. She wanted to get the mysterious weapon herself, and therefore was chasing her two other sisters for the map.

In the end, the evil sister got the weapon (sword of some sort?) and was somehow able to transform herself too much bigger form, raging havoc, but was finally defeated by the hero some way.

That's pretty much all I remember. Would anyone remember the name of this movie?/series?/thrilogy? Thank you in advance.
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 27, 2009, 04:21 AM
    Hello Kef
    There was also three girls, sisters I think, who all had one third of a secret map tattooed to their backs. Those girls were chased by the bad guys, because if someone could get all three map pieces, and combine them to whole map, it would reveal the location of some powerful weapon or something like that.
    More some sort of menace-a-trois ! :)

Sorry, can't help you on the name of that cartoon. Never saw it.
    Kef Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 06:38 AM
    I found the title, and just wanted to drop by to tell it if somebody else is looking for this one day. I think I managed to describe it surprisingly accurately considering it has been 20 years since I saw it, but I guess not all that many has seen this. Anyway, the title is 'Space Adventure Cobra' and those event's I told were from TV series (31 episodes overall) that took place 1982 - 1983. There was also a movie made in 1982 before series, and the hole thing was originally long lasting manga comic series, which started in late 70's. Great stuff, I recommend the TV series to everyone who enjoy good scifi anime.

Here's some clips: YouTube - Space Adventure Cobra Dedication

Info about TV series: AnimeNfo.Com : Space Adventure Cobra
    "Space Adventure Cobra" (1982)

Lots of info about this can be found from the web, seemed to be pretty popular in it's days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of a cartoon from the 80's [ 4 Answers ]

Hope somenone can Help me... I've been trying to find this movie for a long time. I saw it when I was young, I think it's an anime (sorry, don't remember too much). Anyway, it's about a girl that likes the sea and water so she often goes diving. One day she lose her mask but instead of dying...

80's cartoon [ 2 Answers ]

He was a chipmunk' named Rick. He wore a orange shirt with Rick written on it. I think he had a partner. What show is this? Thanks

80's cartoon [ 2 Answers ]

He was a chipmunk' named Rick. He wore a orange shirt with Rick written on it. I think he had a partner. What show is this? Thanks

80's animated kids movie, takes place in space? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an animated video (not in theaters and probably not on TV, just sold on a VHS) from the 80's about a group of little girls in space? They traveled to different planets or stars to try to save the world from an enemy. The girls had stars painted around their eyes. It wasn't...

80's cartoon [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to identify an animated movie I saw when I was much younger. I thought at the time that it was a my little pony movie. A group of ponies are playing in a field, suddenly a 'demon' riding in a 'dragon' drawn chariot descends and captures several of the ponies and carries them away to his...

View more questions Search