Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2wet4me Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Wet carpet
    I have an untraceable wet area near my staircase, and my kitchen, it has been damp for several days and doesn't seem to be drying up, thinking it can be a leak, but don't think there are any pipes there that can be driping. Very confused
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 09:04 PM

If it hasn't rained there then a sewer or water line is the target. If a tub drain in leaking at the trap or close buy the water won't smell like sewer because its fresh. I would check all drainage and water lines.

Unless its been raining there and that's the other possible. Either or water comes from somewhere. Is there any roof change between the kitchen and the stairs. A roof valley or bad shingle could be the cause. So bang some pipes to check the water runs. If there a boiler there and check water heat pipes.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 03:48 PM
    Something else to look for -- is there a bath or shower upstairs? Condensation under a shower pan or tub would be fresh water, but that sounds like a lot of water for a seepage problem. I'd look at the roof first, and not just above the spot. Water can run down rafters or conduits and show up several yards away from the leak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want new carpet [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a complex that is doing numerous upgrades to all units that are empty for new tenants. I have lived in my unit for almost 2 years and I live in a downgraded apartment. I want to get new carpet and I heard that I have the right to demand upgrades, including carpet. Is this true? And if...

Carpet over carpet [ 1 Answers ]

The carpet in my basement is glued down and it's almost impossible to pull up. It is only about 1/8 th of an inch thick maybe a 1/4 inch at most. Is there any reason why I can't leave it and put new carpet over the top. I thought I could consider the old carpet as padding, put tack strip along...

Charged for carpet replacement, carpet was not damaged [ 4 Answers ]

I moved out of an apartment and was charged $569.06 to replace the carpet. There was one stain, approximately 12x12 that I agreed was damaged. When I moved out, the Apartment Manager alleged, in writing, that I had a pet. I did not have a pet. I am an 18 year Flight Attendant and literally...

Pen Ink On carpet [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get blue pen ink out of my carpet? The ink has been there a for about a week. I have tried sevaral cleaning prouducts but, they do not work. :rolleyes: Thanks a lot.

How do I get this out of my carpet? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I was doing laundry the other day, just bought a brand new bottle of laundry detergent and it spilt all over my brand new light brown carpet. (it was Tide detergent). All it did was leave one big soapy blue and white mess. Is there a magic way I can get it out, or most of it anyway? Any...

View more questions Search