Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaron7322 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 08:17 PM
    Too Much For Child Support
    My ex-wife filed for child support in our divorce. In her papers, she put that I don't see our daughter. That isn't the case. I'm in the Coast Guard, and am in another state than her. I still go to see my daughter 3-4 times a year, for a week at a time.
    I'm not saying I'm father of the year, but I try. I've paid child support to date. I calculated it out that I do see my daughter 10 % of the time. I'm very aware that it won't lower it very much, but I can't financially afford to pay the amount they're requesting.

What is the easiest way to lower the payment? Is there a special form for Military status?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 04:25 AM

How much you see your daughter has no effect on how much you owe in child support. You will (likely) pay about 17% of your pre-tax pay, depending on your state. Not much is going to get that number lowered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

View more questions Search