Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jobu15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 08:12 PM
    Dog out of control?
    I have a 3 month old black lab puppy. She really is a sweet dog and has her moments but she is completely out of control. She can't play with other dogs cause she bites and is way too wild. She also goes to the bathroom outside (good thing) but will come inside and immediately go again and again so I take her out and then she does the same thing AGAIN! I have no idea what to do. She also bites me when I try to play and I know she is a puppy and that's part of it but as she gets bigger I don't want her to bite someone or another dog. Same thing with going in the house the mess is only getting bigger lol... So please if anyone has any advice please help.. maybe I'm not being patient enough but help is appreciated
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 07:30 AM

I think it is time you get yourself into some obedience training. Get her on a leash and use it properly inside and out. She is teething and doing a lot of biting and chewing. Make sure you have and offer proper chew toys for her.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 05:13 AM
    At 3 months this is completely NORMAL for a puppy. You should see some of the monsters at dog shows, they have practically been trained since birth and they are still naughty!
    450donn's answer was also good, if you want her to stop biting you get some chew toys.
    When she bites you just a firm 'no' and take the toy away until she calms down a bit, then give it back.
    As for biting other dogs... that's how puppies play, you can start saying 'no' to her now but she is still in the playful puppy stage so it will take a while to sink in.

Around now she should be toilet trained, just keep persevering and make sure you reward her with treats and praise when she goes toilet outside and use you 'angry voice' when she goes inside, pick her up and place her on the grass.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Shorted [ 5 Answers ]

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Shorted what are possible cause codes are p0601 and p0445

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

p0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction on mazda melinia s 1996 83k?what is the next stip? I cleared the check engine light and it went off ,and after 60miles driving it cames back again?why and how can I fix it ? Also what is the cheapest way to reset...

P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System) [ 5 Answers ]

How much it cost to repair this on a 98 Honda Accord? P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)

03 lincoln navi cruise control, radio/ volume control, horn doesn't work. [ 2 Answers ]

Just need what ever you guys know about this situation. The horn, cruise control, radio volume buttons don't work. Oh yes I checked all the fuses. They are all good. Could it be because of the alarm system? I don't know somebody please help me out.

View more questions Search