Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartbreakkid13 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Summer love gone
    More thread merging,

Hey everyone I have a question that's been really bothering me... well me and my girlfriend were suppose to get back together for the summer but everything is pretty much gone we both don't want to get into relationships.. but the thing that bothers me the most is its killing me what she's going to do this summer cause were not together... should we still keep in contact even though its going to make it that much harder to let go but at least I can see what's she's up too?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 07:16 AM
    When your heart is broken the best thing to do for yourself is try to move on. If you keep in contact with her, you will never get over her.
    heartbreakkid13 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 07:43 AM

But then you loose everything you had with the person? But I guess your right
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 07:52 AM
    Unfortunately that is what usually happens when relationships end.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 20, 2009, 08:10 AM

The idea of a break up, is to move on, and build new things with other people.

Ever try to hold on to something you can't have? You try so hard, but can't keep it. But you knew that, but want to stubbornly try any way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2nd time around, girlfriend wants a break (out of nowhere) [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, I guess I should give some background here. I'm 31, my GF is 24. We were together for a year and broke up 2 years ago. I broke it off with her because she got into drugs and didn't want to stop. In the 2 years since we broke up, she met another drug addict and married him. He then got her...

First Time Break Up [ 7 Answers ]

I have never broken up with anyone before. I am 25 and have had only one long and meaningful relationship before my current one and she broke up with me. Anyway, I knew this girl a year before we started dating and this August it will be 2 years dating. We moved in this past May. We are talking...

Is it time to break NC? [ 23 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I felt like getting your input on my current thoughts. To everyone who does not know my struggle go here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/learning-break-up-40738.html It's been awhile since I've spoken to my first love, my ex girlfriend (I'd say almost 2 months...

Is it time to break up? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been dating my guy for a year. I love him more than anything, he's my life. He says the same about me. He won't have sex with me. We've only had sex once in the last 6 months, and that one time was quick and he made it seem as if it were a chore he really didn't want to do. It makes me feel...

View more questions Search