Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JustHisGirl Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Mar 26, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Am I Depressed?
    I always feel like I need to cry, Im starting to get insecure about myself and my relationship. Sometimes I can be really happy then just sad again. I have a lot of things on my mind, things have have upset me in the past, I just can't get them out of my head, they are always there pulling me back down. I don't know what to do. I do have an amazing relationship with my boyfriend, he's not doing anything to make me feel this way, Im kind of afraid to tell him because I don't want him to think he is.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 04:13 PM

What is depression?

It's impossible to escape life's ups and downs. Feeling unhappy or sad in response to disappointment, loss, frustration or a medical condition is normal. Many people use the word “depression” to explain these kinds of feelings, but that is really situational depression, which is a normal reaction to events around us. Clinical depression, though, overwhelms and engulfs your day to day life, interfering with your ability to work, study, eat, sleep, and have fun. It is unrelenting, with little if any relief.
    Are you clinically depressed?

If you identify with several of the following signs and symptoms, and they just won't go away, you may be suffering from clinical depression.

* you can't sleep enough or you sleep too much
    * you can't concentrate or find that previously easy tasks are now difficult
    * you feel worthless and hopeless
    * you can't control your negative thoughts, no matter how much you try
    * you have lost your appetite or you can't stop eating
    * you are constantly irritated or become enraged even at small things – and this is new for you
    * you have thoughts that life is not worth living, or have a plan for how you would end it (Seek help immediately if this is the case)

Signs and symptoms of depression

There's a vast difference between “feeling depressed” and suffering from clinical depression. The despondency of clinical depression is unrelenting and overwhelming. Some people describe it as “living in a black hole” or having a feeling of impending doom. They can't escape their unhappiness and despair. However, some people with depression don't feel sad at all. Instead, they feel lifeless and empty. In this apathetic state, they are unable to experience pleasure. Even when participating in activities they used to enjoy, they feel as if they're just going through the motions. The signs and symptoms vary from person to person, and they may wax and wane in severity over time.

Source: http://everyonegoeshome.net/resource...Depression.pdf
    JustHisGirl Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Mar 26, 2009, 04:22 PM

Im not suicidal or anything, but I do have many of those symptoms.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 04:55 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...al-334328.html

Don't know if this is related, but suspect the boyfriend is at the bottom of all this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he depressed [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend just ended our relationship a few days after telling me he was unsure of how he felt. Everything suggested that he was reaching out so I decided to open up and tell him why I am sometimes protective of my feelings -which included a nasty incident where I was assaulted last year. A few...

I'm becoming depressed again. [ 4 Answers ]

I used to be depressed, I was depressed for about a year, until in church while worshipping, I smiled again... and suddenly my happiness was returned to me. But now, its feels like it was all for nothing, its enclosing in on me again, the feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness and self loathing...

I'm so depressed [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for 8 months. Going out with her have been the best days of my life, and I would do anything to have them back. After 7 months she started to act different, so one night I called her and told her why I am so sad and I got to the question if she even loves me...

Very depressed [ 3 Answers ]

How do you solve real mental depression that comes from Financial problems? Sometimes I feel like I am in a prison with no way out. I had money but not anymore, but I have the same obligations I am looking for a part time job at home to supplement my income. Any ideas on a home work job. I am...

View more questions Search