Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annyem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 07:29 AM
    I have never been so deeply in love with someone before but something happened .
    I love my boyfriend mike and we have been dating for about 7 months now. We used to be in love with each other so mush that we would talk about our future lives and children together. We acted liked like we were going to get married and it was just a matter of time until the time came.
    I don't know what happened to us. He still loves me more than ever but its hard for my to kiss him and tell him that I love him. Just recently I was sick and had a fever for a weekend. I stayed in bed a lot and was very irritable and cranky. He tried to care for me but I felt like all his advice was wrong and everything he did, didn't help. :(
    I'm not sick anymore but I still don't want him to touch me. I love him but I think I only love him as a friend. I'm hoping that this is just a phase and that we will go back to the way we were but I don't know for sure.
    I'm a freshman in college and I'm far away from home. I barely have any friends and I have no car to go anywhere. We do so much together and have so much fun together. I don't know what I'll do without him but I feel that if I leave him, I won't miss him.

Help Me
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Mar 26, 2009, 08:44 AM

I am no expert on relationships but I just want to say that maybe, just maybe you have spent too much time together and now he is kind of getting on your nerves. Maybe if you take a weekend apart you will start to miss him and when you see him again it will be back to normal or close to normal.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 09:07 AM
    How true that is.

I know that a steady diet of my husband drives me to want to jump off a tall building.

In the beginning of any relationship, the intensity increases for a while. The attraction is new and exciting, and everything he says and does puts you over the moon. It is natural to want more and more of the same.

But, eventually that fades a bit, and you catch your breath and regain some of your footing.

Maybe he has not yet come down from cloud 9, or maybe this is the way he is going to always be. There are clingy people that are that way all of their lives.

Maybe the relationship is just moderating itself. What about telling him that you are feeling a bit crowded, and need to slow down a bit. If he respects that and eases up a bit, giving you more space, then I would bet that you will both reach common ground.
    Missscharlene Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 10:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by achampio21 View Post
    I am no expert on relationships but I just want to say that maybe, just maybe you have spent too much time together and now he is kind of getting on your nerves. Maybe if you take a weekend apart you will start to miss him and when you see him again it will be back to normal or close to normal.

hope that helps. good luck.
    I think this is a good idea.
    annyem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    How true that is.

I know that a steady diet of my husband drives me to want to jump off a tall building.

In the beginning of any relationship, the intensity increases for a while. The attraction is new and exciting, and everything he says and does puts you over the moon. It is natural to want more and more of the same.

But, eventually that fades a bit, and you catch your breath and regain some of your footing.

Maybe he has not yet come down from cloud 9, or maybe this is the way he is going to always be. There are clingy people that are that way all of their lives.

Maybe the relationship is just moderating itself. What about telling him that you are feeling a bit crowded, and need to slow down a bit. If he respects that and eases up a bit, giving you more space, then I would bet that you will both reach common ground.
    Thank you for your advice. I have asked him for some space and he is trying his best to let me be away from him. =)
    Missscharlene Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 12:07 PM

What a man ;)
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 01:34 PM

Yeah, spend some time to figure things out. If he really cares about you he will understand, which seems like he does.

Good luck!
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Mar 27, 2009, 02:04 PM

Space is so important or you start to get really irritated with every little thing. I think the other suggestions are right on the money. Isn't there a saying? Something like distance makes the heart grow fonder or something like that. I had the same thing happen when my fiancée and I started dating. After about 6 months or so I was like geese let me come up for air!! I told him how I was feeling, he backed off and things have been wonderful ever since.
    Family & People Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kanicky73 View Post
    space is so important or you start to get really irritated with every little thing. I think the other suggestions are right on the money. Isnt there a saying? something like distance makes the heart grow fonder or something like that. I had the same thing happen when my fiancee and I started dating. After about 6 months or so I was like geese let me come up for air!!! I told him how I was feeling, he backed off and things have been wonderful ever since.
    Yep, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Good advice kanicky.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Mar 27, 2009, 02:14 PM

I wish, I couldn't remember if it was distance or absence, but I guess either one makes sense! LOL
    Family & People Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kanicky73 View Post
    I wish, i couldnt remember if it was distance or absense, but I guess either one makes sense!! LOL
    Officially it's absence, but distance makes sense too!
    lennore Posts: 15, Reputation: -2

Mar 27, 2009, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by achampio21 View Post

hope that helps. good luck.
    I agree

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deeply in love but with some trouble [ 11 Answers ]

Hello guys... me and my (ex)girlfriend have been dating for about eight months now, we loved each other with an undescribable passion I have never felt before, but after our senior year ended she was forced to go back to her country, italy for three months... we kept in contact very constantly, it...

I am married but deeply in love with my ex [ 6 Answers ]

When I was 14 I met an older boy that I fell head over heals for. I truly thought we would get married we made it through the long distance thing together, our parents divorces, everything, we even moved in together my senior year so that we could be closer. Than when I was younger I got really...

Please help me.. I'm deeply in love [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hiii… I'm 19 years old and I met a 23 years old guy 10 months ago.. everything went smoothly and I felt I like him and I knew I felt the same way about me.. he told me he loves me, I don't know why but I hesitated and told him I wasn't ready.. I knew I did a mistake so I tried to make him...

View more questions Search