Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Mar 26, 2009, 06:31 AM
    First Tattoo
    Hello everyone, I am going to go get my first tattoo today and I was just wondering how bad it hurt. What it feels like. I have had a child and everyone I know has a tattoo, so I know that I can do it, but I am nervous. I don't know what to expect, can anyone let me know their experience and what it feels like? Thanks!
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 07:12 AM

Its really not bad at all. Sort of felt like a sunburn. Just don't overthink it. You'll psyche yourself out.

Mar 26, 2009, 07:25 AM

Okay, I am really nervous because I don't know what to expect and I am getting it around my hip area and I heard that it hurts really badly.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ANB428 View Post
    Okay, I am really nervous because I don't know what to expect and I am getting it around my hip area and I heard that it hurts really badly.
    I am a firm believe in the idea that if you cannot take the pain, you probably shouldn't be getting a tattoo.

Don't psyche yourself out. It's not that bad.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 11:17 AM

I have two, one wasn't so bad but the other was pretty painful. Like he said it's like a bad sunburn and it's nothing unbearable.

It depends on where you get it, the closer the nerves are to the skin the more it's going to hurt.

Mar 27, 2009, 09:43 AM

Okay, so I got my tattoo last night and it didn't even really hurt at all. It was nothing compared to what I thought it was going to be.
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Mar 27, 2009, 11:06 AM

It really depends on placement, really. And everyone takes a tattoo differently.

Mar 27, 2009, 11:36 AM

Yea, I thought that it was going to hurt really badly because it is on my hip bone, but it didn't really hurt that much. It was more annoying waiting than anything. LOL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Tattoo [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm thinking of gettting a new tattoo on my trip to the US in a couple of weeks. My question is I'm a tad hairy on my back(I know a turn off to some girls)but that's me. I would like to know if I get a tattoo then have laser hair removal whether that will affect the tattoo? It's...

I don't like my tattoo [ 9 Answers ]

Had an angel tattoo'd today and it is coloured purple! I hate it and need to know how I can quick fade the colour or remove it without paying a ridiculous amount. Please help!

Tattoo [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering could anyone help me, I am getting a tattoo and I want it in either Latin or Irish and was wondering could anyone help with it. Thanks very much "life's a voyage that's homeward bound"

Does any one at the age of 17 have a tattoo [ 7 Answers ]

I am 17 and I got a tattoo a couple weeks ago(yes it was legal) I just want to know how many other 17yo have a tattoo also

Tattoo ink [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can you please tell me if I am better off using the white tattoo ink before I use the black so it comes out white and not a grayish colour thanks

View more questions Search