Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvee Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2006, 07:11 PM
    Stung/bitten by a coral... what to do?
    My boyfriend was bitten or stung by a pink coral ( that's what he saw) 2 weeks ago during their diving activity. The area (in the legs) that was stung/bitten by coral is still very itchy. It grows like a mosquito bite, but super itchy. He tried putting it white vinegar but still no effect. I asked him to buy benadryl today. What do you think I should advise him?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2006, 09:43 PM
    This wound is old enough he needs to see a doctor.

Flushings with vinegar and triple antibiotic oinment hould have this cleared by now. If it is worsening there may be microscopic foreign bodies present or a chronic allergic reaction to toxins.

Time to go to the doc. Might need debridement. Might need the specialization of a dermatologist... in fact, if his doc is unsure, insist on a referral.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urgent!help!dog Bitten By A Bee Or... [ 14 Answers ]

1/2 hr. ago - my dog baby was so ecstatic to catch a bee (wasp or hornet)i do not know difference)this all happened so fast,because although i didn't actually see this happen,as i just arrived in the kitchen to find baby & her best friend ginger,the cat, gleefully running around chasing it!baby may...

My dog got stung by some kind of insect [ 3 Answers ]

My dog got stung by some kind of insect and it has like a big bump on his lip and I would like to know if anyone knows if that is dangerous and/or I could give him some medicine

View more questions Search