Ask
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Sep 4, 2006, 06:52 PM
    I'm learning
    Hi I've just started wrestling and I'm not the best any advice
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2006, 10:00 PM
    You need to practice and practice and practice. With guys bigger and smaller and stronger and weaker. You need to learn the basics and fundamentals. Be willing to fail a lot in order to learn how to win.

There's an adage in chess that each game played is one more step toward understanding the game, whether you fail or win, one less lesson needed to be learned. Be willing to learn. And fail.

Conditioning is king. Yes, you need to be able to withstand that first period when the other guy is fresh and on top of his game. To do that you need to have the physical ability and the mental knowledge of the sport. But can you push him to the limit? Can you push him past the point where he is tired and you have more in the tank? I'm not saying conditioning alone will get you to be a winner. Most of it is ability and knowledge of the disclipline... but also work yourself hard so you can work your opponent even harder.

One of the best wrestlers I know was a freshman wrestling in a class of mostly juniors and seniors. He lost a lot. But that kid had heart. He pushed those guys, even when he was way down in points and going to lose unless he got a fall. It didn't stop him. Two years later, after being pushed around and not quite getting it done, the kid is king. He's not a 4 time state champ, but in my mind, he's the kind of guy you want as champ. A guy who rose through the ranks and didn't give up because he wasn't the best out of the gate.

So leave it all on the mat, have a great time, win or lose. And keep coming back and getting better.
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Sep 5, 2006, 02:08 PM
    Thank you I don't know where coment on this post is on my screen so I can't do that but thanks for the advice
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2006, 02:51 PM
    They've changed the name... now it's the "rate this answer" at the top left.

Good luck.
    DrewL Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 12:55 AM

Remember your three H's. Hip, Hands, and Head control.

If you don't always have at least two of these, you are in a bad position.

Also remember to change levels when in a match.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English E-learning [ 1 Answers ]

I am planing to do high studies in one of the english language fields.Are there any universities that can offer E-learning , if so please inform me about the fees and the courses which are available in these universities .

Learning the Piano [ 9 Answers ]

Can one of those portable keyboards be used to learn the piano. If so, which one would you recommend?

Learning Polish [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of some online learn Polish courses that are free, for people who speak English? Also, does anyone know of any INTERESTING learn Polish courses or books that are not accessed over the internet and you pay for (ie. I don't want to pay for course that is accessed only on the net)? ...

Three dachshunds learning to get along [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding my dachshund situation at home. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on getting three dachshunds to live in harmony. Two days ago we brought in a precious girl rescue dachshund to join our two boy dachshunds. The girl is about nine years old and is a...

View more questions Search