Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ptorres0421 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 06:17 PM
    Texas Family Law
    In Texas what age does a child have to be to decide if she continues visitation schedule with her father?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2009, 06:30 PM

A child cannot legally decide to defy a court order. If there is some reason to not adhere to the schedule then go to court to modify it.

The custodial parent can be held in contempt of court if the schedule is not adhered to.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2009, 07:08 PM

Agreed, a parent has a legal obligation to send the child for the ordred vistis, the parent can be held in contempt of court if they don't.

The child never has a "choice"

Now the child may testify in court and show a reason if there is a problem or danger with the visit. But it will have to go to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Committing a Family Member in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

What steps must be taken in Texas to have a family member committed to a mental institution?

Does Anyone Know Family Law in Texas? [ 4 Answers ]

How much time has to pass for a parent to not have contact with his kids for it to be considered abandonment? I have heard that in Arkansas that if a non-custodial parent does not make any contact with his child/children (no birthday cards, phone calls, christmas presents, child support)for one...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Family member eviction in Texas [ 3 Answers ]

How does one go about evicting an adult family member (with dependents)?

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

View more questions Search