Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imahondafan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 06:13 PM
    Can a 10 yr old gas Hotpoint oven be fixed if the bake doesn't work, broil works?
    The appliance is a Hotpoint gas oven, electronic ignition, self cleaning, analog, approximately 10 years old. Turning the oven on broil it works, turning it on bake does not work. Stove top also works. I am hoping it is a part that can be replaced. Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 03:17 AM
    It could be that the bake element is defective. You need to see if 220/240 volts are being applied to the element when the unit calls for baking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire range bake and broil element [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, We have a Frigidaire slide-in ceramic smooth top range. It is a Canadian model CPES389CA1. Seemingly no parts manufacturer on the Internet knows about this model. The range is five years old and it had less than normal use. Now there is no heat from bake or broil element anymore....

Maytag Chef oven - Bake Element [ 9 Answers ]

HI My Maytag Chef model # CER1125AAW for some reason the oven does not heat up anymore, so I checked the elements in the oven and the bottom one is not heating up, which I think is called the Bake Element I have been trying to find one online but I do not have the part #, how can I find out...

Bake a potato in a toaster oven [ 4 Answers ]

How do I bake a potato in a toaster oven -- time and temp? Anything different from a regular oven?

Bake element in GE Oven Model # ZET857BB2BB [ 1 Answers ]

The bake element in the top oven of my double convection oven has ceased to work. The broil element and everything else is working fine. How do I access the bake element which, apparently, is under the floor of the oven?

View more questions Search