Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bagit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 05:57 PM
    CCTV shoplifting
    Hi I have taken something from a shop where there is a sign saying cctv recorded . I want to return the item as the shop is inside where I work and am feeling guilty and frightened in case they recognise me. How can I retun the item
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Mar 25, 2009, 05:59 PM

Well, the right thing to do is return it... If someone stole something from you, wouldn't you want them to return it?

As far as "how"... just walk up to the counter and tell them what happened.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2009, 06:01 PM

Send it through the mail with an unsigned letter expresing your regret. Obviously don't put a return address on it.

If its too bulky send then a money order for the price of the item.
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Mar 25, 2009, 06:08 PM

Scotts answer is probably the safest if you want to stay out of jail.

If I were the shop keeper, I'd pardon you for your honesty, but I understand there are few places like that...

If it came from walmart, or any national or semi-national chain, Definitely mail it...
    bagit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 01:52 AM
    CCTV offence
    If I send the item back would they not look at cctv to check and then come after me. I want to give it back but am scared of drawing suspicion and then being caught fir sending it back
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 26, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Its highly unlikely they will spend the time searching through the tapes (if they still have them) to find you. If you send money they won't even know what item to look for, just says that the money order would cover the cost.

If you return the item or offer restitution, I very much doubt they will pursue it.

P.S. Please don't post the same question repeatedly. I remove the other versions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting, 18 y/o [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I am an 18 year old and I am a perminant resident here in the united states. I live in New York. Couple of days ago, I was caught stealing $39 dollars worth of clothing from Macys, and they called the police on me. I paied the fine I was supposed to pay to MAcys, and I was taken into the...

Viewing Of CCTV System Over The Internet [ 1 Answers ]

]I have a client that has 2 boodband connections (ADSL) and running Microsoft Windows XP on both sides. I need to find out what The best way would be to connect and view his CCTV system remotely.

Shoplifting under $40 [ 7 Answers ]

So I made a wrong decision out of a stupid challenge with a friend and shoplifted 40$ worth o stuff at JC penney in Kansas and got caught when we were exiting the store. I came clean and the police officer came there and gave me a court date to appear next month. I am very scared as to what is...

Shoplifting [ 17 Answers ]

Is it considered shoplifting to consume something that you intend to purchase in a store before actually paying for it (e.g. a can of soda), even if you intend to pay for it all along and in fact do pay for it immediately after consuming it?

View more questions Search