Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leli_31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Concerned about late period.
    Hi Im new to this, but I have a question my period is 9 days late and I have taken 4 pg tests three at home and one at the er last night all have been negative. I have cramps like I'm going to start my period and my tailbone started hurting today I also have nausea, headaches and I've been taking naps when I've never done that because then I can't go to sleep at night when I'm supposed to... is there a chance I could be pregnant I had sex on the 8th day of my last cycle without protection or pullout method. I have not been stressed about getting or not being pregnant since either outcome is fine. Last year I had some irregular periods where I would skip a month and I took because pills (desogen) for only 1 month because of the headaches it caused me after that month which was in Oct. I went back to my regular 28 day cycle until Feb. 5 months of regular periods and now after unprotected sex nothing and negative results... I have had months when I have been REALLY stressed about things and had a normal period so should I be concerned about ectopic pregnancy or perhaps something else... Oh one last thing I have a son and when I was pregnant with him I got a positive result on the day of my missed period of course that was 12 yrs ago but would that make a difference?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 07:22 PM

Pregnancy is still a possibility even with the negative urine tests. You may want to wait another week and see if your period is just off this cycle. Try another test then or ask your doctor if they will do a blood test for you. If it is still negative, see what happens when your next period would be do. Could be you are just going to skip a month. See your doctor if still no period at that time.
    Two pregnancies can be very different so things could be unlike what you experienced last time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

I've had my period for 3 weeks, should I be concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a baby about 2 and a half months ago. I got my first period on November 25 and I still have it. Its been 3 weeks could I be pregnant or is this normal after a baby.

Concerned.no period yet [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't yet had my period this month and I should have had it already. I was suppose to get it on the 11th of this month. I has been 34 since my last period. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and they both came out negative. I had my tubes tied 5 yrs ago and I didn't think that getting pregnant...

I'm concerned about my irregular period, this has never happened before! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 17. I have had my period for about 5 years and it has always been normal. I usually have a cycle of 5 days every 27 days. I had my last period about 2 weeks ago, and I just started menustrating today. Is there something wrong with me? Please help! I need advice!

View more questions Search