Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julieswhimsies Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 04:46 PM
    Not cool
    Every time I open Firefox, I get a page called "not kewl.", saying I have downloaded the wrong Google toolbar. I uninstalled the toolbar, re-started and I still get the unwelcome page. I have tried EVERYTHING. The not cool page seems to be associated with Go DADDY. HELP! This is frustrating!
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 27, 2009, 12:26 PM

Your system sounds like its suffering from a Spyware/Malware infection targeting specifically a browser Hijack.

Download, install, update and run full system scan of BOTH Malwarebytes v1.34 and Spybot v1.6.2. Using both programs remove any and all instances found.

Mar 28, 2009, 01:34 PM
    I downloaded, up-dated and ran both programs with no luck. "not kewl" seems to be associated with "go Daddy"...
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 12:43 AM

Try to optimize the browser by deleting internet temporary files, cookies and unchecked the third party software.
    Then, scan your computer in the safe mode with effective anti spyware tools.

Mar 31, 2009, 12:13 PM
    Thanks, James for responding. I really appreciate it. However, I have solved the problem on my own. The not cool page had attached itself to my home page (google)... When I checked the Tools menu, I saw that my home page had this attached "not kewl" address. I simply removed it and set my page to Current Page. Problem solved. The "not kewl" page is associated with Go Daddy... notorious for its adware and spyware... Thanks again for taking the time to help! You're the best... and "not kewl" is so NOT COOL! Haha
    :p
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 31, 2009, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by julieswhimsies View Post
    Thanks, James for responding. I really appreciate it. However, I have solved the problem on my own. The not kewl page had attached itself to my home page (google)...When I checked the Tools menu, I saw that my home page had this attached "not kewl" address. I simply removed it and set my page to Current Page. Problem solved. The "not kewl" page is associated with Go Daddy...notorious for its adware and spyware....Thanks again for taking the time to help! You're the best...and "not kewl" is so NOT COOL! haha
    :p
    Glad it worked out for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is so cool! [ 1 Answers ]

NIKEiD You can design your own shoes! I hope nike makes this available in australia lolz! It so cool lolz :)

View more questions Search