Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jovan5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Felon looking for jobs
    Im a felon trying to find help looking for a job out in long island(suffolk county)if anyone know any sites or information,can you please provide me with it.thank you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 11:51 AM

Hello j:

In this era of resumes and background checks, I'd apply to companies where you can talk to the boss at your first interview. These are generally going to be mom and pop type organizations.

If you can convince the boss that he needs you more than you need him, he'll hire you.

If you treat him like a social service agency whose looking to give an exconvict a break, you ain't going to find work.

excon
    cooch Posts: 38, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 1, 2009, 01:46 PM

Hi, you could try www.mocharyfoundation.org or call School Settlement, 718-383-1688. They are known to help people with criminal backgrounds find jobs. Though these jobs would probably be in NYC which you could commute to. I hope this helps.
    cooch Posts: 38, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 1, 2009, 01:59 PM

Hi again, I'm sorry I made a mistake with the web address above. The correct address is Mochary Foundation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felon websites for jobs [ 2 Answers ]

I need a job but I have felon and on probation

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

Jobs, jobs, jobs! [ 2 Answers ]

Which would you get paid more for.. Being a first school teacher OR Being a teacher assistant in a first school OR Working in a child's home where they get fosterd etc OR Being an Air Hostess

OTR jobs for a convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am writing to try and help my fiancé. Is there anyone who knows of trucking companies that are willing to give a good man a second chance. There are extenuating circumstances in connection with this conviction. He's a man who took a chance and went back to school to better his life. He...

View more questions Search