Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CRUCITA69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 09:10 AM
    Credit report information
    Hello does anyone know how to remove paid off accounts on credit report and also the charge offs please let me know how
    meena17 Posts: 5, Reputation: -4

Mar 25, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Talk to the office you paid.. thnx
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 11:38 AM

You can request that the credit bureau remove the accounts from your report, but that doesn't mean they have to do so. The accounts will fall off after a certain number of years - I believe it's 7, but don't quote me on that.

Is there a reason you would like them to be removed?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 11:45 AM

Hello C:

Actually meena is right, kind of.

You're not going to be able to do this with the PAID accounts, but you have a shot at having the charge offs removed...

Call up the creditors who you owe. Volunteer to pay them, IF they'll remain silent when the credit bureau inquires of them about this debt.

They MIGHT do it, because it's free money to them, and the person you talk to WORKS on a commission.

If they agree, get it in writing before you send any money.

Then challenge the entry on your report like this said to do.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Information on creditors on credit report [ 6 Answers ]

I have an old account with chase that was sold to a collection agency about a year ago and now it has been sold to another collection agency. I checked my credit report and chase is listed there I heard that if the debt is sold that they shouldn't put it on your credit report. Is this true? The...

How do I get a credit report from all three bureaus with no credit card [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get all three creidt reports with out submitting a credit card.

Bad Credit on My Report From MIDLAND FUNDING Credit Issued in 1999? [ 3 Answers ]

The only thing I can think off I did not pay off was a credit card I had applied for in the year 1999 when I was in college. It was a $500 limit card, being that it was a first credit card I did miss some payments & every time I did I would get hit with a $30 late payment + $30 over limit fee plus...

View more questions Search