Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gamaca Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 06:40 AM
    Plate stuck in top rack of dishwasher
    A small plate was put in the middle back of the top rack of my dishwasher. When the rack was pushed in the plate became wedged behind the mechanism in the upper inside of the machine, and now the rack can't be pulled out. I've tried reaching from below the plate and haven't been able to move it.

Will I have to break the plate--or the mechanism-- to get it unstuck?

Thanks for any help.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 25, 2009, 10:06 AM
    The plate is cheaper than the mechanism.

Mar 25, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Absolutely. I'm going to try to keep shards of plate from getting all over the inside of the dishwasher. Probably will rig up something with a paper bag.

Someone is suggesting I pick up the rack and slide the wheels off that side to give it enough room to slide out then put the wheels back on. I might give that a shot before breaking the plate. Will let you know tomorrow. Thanks.

Mar 27, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Ok, so here's what really happened. I emptied everything from the lower rack and removed it. Then I reached into the upper rack and removed what I could, including a silicone spoon, the kind you would stir a big pot of soup with. I put the spoon over the top of the plate and tipped the plate as far forward as I could, then I just pulled the rack out. There really is a right tool for every job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My plate is stuck in my pot! [ 15 Answers ]

I have a teen. After eating their meal, & without intention, "someone" (inadvertently) dropped their plastic flat dish into a pot (filled with water), with the same circumference. The pot was in the sink waiting to be washed, soaking some food that had been stuck after cooking. My problem: I...

Stuck license plate [ 3 Answers ]

Just bought a 1995 toyota camry and can't get the old plates off. Have used wd40 and vice grips. One screw will turn but not come out , can't move the other ones.

Dishwasher top rack not cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

We have a whirlpool dish washer(GU1500XTLQ0) that is around 4 years old. The top shelf seems to not be cleaning. I ran it with the door partly open and can see it is getting water up the arm. I tooy out the arm and it is not blocked and spinns freely. The very top spinner gets no water out of it....

No water on top rack of Kenmore dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Kenmore dishwasher that is not spraying any water on the top rack. I have already disassembled the upper wash and rinse parts and verified they were not plugged up. Is there anything else I can check before calling in the repairman?

View more questions Search