Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy2377 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Were do you go to get grants and scholarships
    I'm a single mom with a special needs child I have to do collage on-line I have the school picked out and some finical aid in prosses but I need help with rent and things like that my fingal aid rep told me I would have to find grants on my own for that or scholarships I only have a ged
    GNL685 Posts: 170, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 24, 2009, 07:53 PM
    I got my loan and grants here
    Sallie Mae - Private Student Loans, Federal Student Loans, Private College Loans
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 07:47 AM

I got mine at Sallie-Mae, too. I pay 2.5% APY on a $19,000 principal I took out nearly five years ago. I've paid a lot of money in interest.

Go with a Stafford or Perkins loan first. You get those by applying for FAFSA. They both don't amount too much, but they are federally subsized, meaning it's interest-free until you graduate, so if you can pay it off before you graduate, it's free money. Sallie Mae and other private companies are unsubsidized and interest accrues at a variable rate from the day they cut you the check until the day you pay it off completely.

Federal, state and the school's own grants are all schools determined through FAFSA. So fill it out and fill it out early so you can get first dibs on the grant money. As far as scholarships go, try www.collegeboard.com, they usually have a ton of useful links.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scholarships and grants for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a student and convicted felon attending an online university, however, I am in need of additional funding. For that reason I would like to know if there is anyone who has received a scholarship or grant and also have a criminal history. If so, I would appreciate it if you would give...

Grants or scholarships for felons [ 1 Answers ]

My son was recently released from prison. He is enrolling in a tech college. Are there any grants or scholarships to help him with his education and if so where do we apply?

Grants & Scholarships [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best website to get grants & scholarships?

Suggestions for scholarships and grants [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here's the thing. My name's Jason and I'm really in a bind at the moment. I'm 18 years old and I really need to start getting my life together. I live in Florence, SC and I'm getting ready to try for my GED at Poynor, and I'd like to go to Francis Marion College after I do get my GED, but I...

View more questions Search