Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firstco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 06:37 PM
    Cordless landline phones
    I have 2 Panasonic Cordless phones, one a 2.4 GHZ & one is a 5.8 GHZ being used into a Magic Jack DSL Connection. Can the 2.4 Ghz phone be changed to 5.8 GHZ to use as an extra Satellite phone?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 03:10 PM

How many ports does your magicjack has? Mine is only 1 and I'm using 2.4 GE ghz and it works fine. If it loses charge, I just switch phone with the regular analog one.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 04:30 PM

You can use both, the 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz on the same line. You will need a 5.8 gig phone to match existing to use as an extra phone on 5.8.
    May have to enroll, register, learn, or whatever the manufacturer calls it.
    firstco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ylaira View Post
    how many ports does your magicjack has? Mine is only 1 and im using 2.4 GE ghz and it works fine. If it loses charge, i just switch phone with the regular analog one.
    I guess I didn't explain properly. What I want is an extra HANDSET for the 5.8 ghz plugged into the Magic Jack. I have a 2.4 ghz on a spare phone. What I wanted to know is,
    There any way by changing the freq of the spare to 5.8 ghz so it can be used as a spare handset? If so, how to do it?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2009, 01:07 PM

It may be possible, but not economically fesiable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE cordless phone [ 4 Answers ]

Handset no dial tone - displays "No Link to Base". How to rectify

History of landline [ 3 Answers ]

What is the brief history of landline?

Landline rings once then goes to fax tone [ 5 Answers ]

My landline rings only once after which it goes to fax tone. If you pick up in that ring or else you will hear the fax tone. Even the caller hears a fax tone. I DO NOT have a fax in my house or ever used this number for fax. Please help. I have tried everything. Called the ATT company people-...

900mhz cordless phones [ 2 Answers ]

I used to have a 900mhz cordless phone which I could walk to the barn with 150ft from the house. We could take it when mowing doing yard work or having a picnic. Well it died and I bought a 5.8ghz. Made by uniden from staples with 5 cordless units I thought this will be great one in the barn, one...

Tapped landline [ 24 Answers ]

OK only real genuine people respond please no time for joksters. Somehow my conversations are being heard on my landline phone. All my voicemail is being recorded also. I have had the phone company out, but they say the line is all right, really don't know if they are checking for tap or not. ...

View more questions Search