Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GNL685 Posts: 170, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 24, 2009, 11:38 AM
    Giant moth/butterfly?
    I was sitting in my room one day reading a book and I looked up and there was a moth on my doorway it started flying around and each wing was the size of my hand! It was pretty cool looking one side of the wings was grey like a moth and the inside of the wings were black and orange just like a monarch it disappeared I don't know how it got out maybe the same way it got in? No open windows? My boyfriend is asian and some of them think a it was a sign that someone close to me would die? No one did around that time but I do have a lot of friends and family that passed away over the past few years (this happened about 7 years ago) what the hell was it?
    -

Mar 24, 2009, 11:44 AM

I would guess from wingtip to wingtip it was about 10 inches or more it was huge I could even see the eyes and all the details of the body clearly
    -

Mar 24, 2009, 12:02 PM

Ooh the only thing I found that looked EXACTLY like it is this:Coscinocera hercules (female) but they are not even found on this continent!
    Luxy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 07:32 PM

I believe for all of my 32year through myself and no one else's opinions that moths are good, even good luck. I always welcome them in my house, the bigger they are the better. I always feel good when I have a big moth in my house.
    -

Mar 28, 2009, 07:53 PM

Lol interesting... I love butterflies.. and kittens

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Travel Van has strong odor of moth balls -What can I do? [ 1 Answers ]

Bought a travel trailer now find it reeks of moth ball odor. Cannot sleep in it until we can find out what will take out The smell and make the trailer safe to use Tried, shampoo,sprays, nothing works for long. PLEASE HELP!

Spruce bud moth? [ 16 Answers ]

Is there anyone that can identify a moth? I have good photo's of it. This moth is about 35 miles south of Great Falls, Montana. The web is literally covering every tree on our property.. 20 acres as well as everywhere I look. Even across the river in the National Forest. I think it may be the...

Moth like bugs in cupboard [ 2 Answers ]

I have small moths in my cupboard. They have infested my walnuts with a web like nest? Every time I open my spice cupboard these moths fly out. How can I get rid of them and keep my cabinets bug free?

(Joke): Have you ever smelled moth balls before? [ 5 Answers ]

Me: "Have you ever smelled moth balls before? Friend: "I have and it's horrible!" Me: "How in the world did you get your nose between their tiny legs?":p

How to sooth a 6 moth old teething [ 6 Answers ]

My son is 6 months old and is having a horrible time with teething. He's his nornal happy, smilling and giggling self, but when his teeth start to hurt he does this whimpering thing and then cries if I don't hold him right away. I feel horrible because all I know what to do is to hold him, give...

View more questions Search