Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puzzledbywires Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 10:21 AM
    1990 SONY TV picture adjustment
    I have a SONY model KV-32XBR70 (made in 1990) big screen console (too heavy to lift). It works fine, except, at the top of the screen, and to a lesser extent the bottom, the picture is stretched out laterally on both left and right sides, such that any information (for example, as might be displayed in a video game) is not visible. I found some adjustment controls on one of the circuit boards, and was able to move the picture to left and right. But I couldn't figure out how to move both sides toward the middle.

Can anyone tell me what this condition is called? Can anyone tell me how to make the adjustment?

The TV repair outfit wants $95.00 just to come out to look at it with no guarantee that they can fix it.
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Mar 24, 2009, 08:33 PM

The adjustment controls are more likely on the yoke but it is inadvisable to attempt any adjustments. There is some serious voltage in the anode circuits which can cause DEATH. Is your life worth only $95?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with Picture Package - SONY Handycam [ 1 Answers ]

Mine is SONY TRV285 E digitial camcorder. I have shooted video and am using the PIXELA PACKAGE SW which was provided by SONY corporation. It is capturing the video and audio (Master) and saving in from of AVI. It is consuming lot of disk space (For eg: 10 minutes video is occupying 800+ MB). I...

Sony DVD player stops picture, then starts again [ 1 Answers ]

My Sony DVD/VCR player has suddenly started stopping the action for several seconds, then starting again. What's going on? Do I need a new player?

My sony TV loses picture after a minute [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Sony Trinitron TV that we purchased 10 years ago. The T.V. now has no picture but does have sound. When you first turn on the T.V. it will show a good picture for 2 minutes, then it starts getting lines as though poor reception and within another minute, the picture starts disappearing;...

View more questions Search