Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bubble00020 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 07:27 AM
    Lumpy ankle!
    Hiya, erm quick question and just wondering if I should seek some medical help. Would be grateful for any response.

I stupidly tripped down the stairs when racing my friend the other night and banged my ankle on a solid metal doorstop on the wall. At the time it didn't bother me (as I was drunk) but when I woke up the next day I was in severe pain. Its now 3days on and its still slightly swollen, although not as badly but it is still rather badly bruised. There is also a few lumps on it which I'm begginng to wonder about...

I don't like to make a fuss but I'm just slightly worried as about a yr ago I fractured my leg but as I didn't want to make a fuss I didn't go to the doctors until it was too late. I then discovered it was an impact fracture but as I had left it too late they couldn't do anything for it and to this day I still get painful twinges.

I have put a tubba grip on my ankle but this is causing me more pain! I can walk on it although with a slight limp and it hurts when moved in some directions i.e. going up or down stairs. I don't want to make a fuss as I am away from home at the minute at uni and the only help I could seek would be from A&E. I wouldn't like to trouble them over something like this if I could help it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2009, 07:48 AM

I wouldn't fool around with this - only a medical professional who actually SEES the ankle can determine the damage. The rest of us would be guessing.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 11:45 PM

JudyKayTee is right. It could be anything from a simple bruise, badly sprained ankle, or even a fracture. A doctor would have to examine the x-rays in order to tell you. I'm sure your university has a clinic, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to go and get it checked out. In the mean time, ice it on and off to control the swelling, perhaps take an aspirin (given that you have no previous health history of adverse reactions to aspirin) to control the pain, and I wouldn't bandage the ankle up too tightly. If anything, wear a ace bandage (wrapped snugly but not tight enough to lose circulation) to help support you when walking around, and also try to sleep with your ankle elevated to also help control the swelling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixing Lumpy Lawn [ 4 Answers ]

I took out my lawn last summer and laid down sod. I fattened the diret and rolled and the whole nine yards. However I think I might have watered the lawn too much because it always feels like I am sinking. Now a year later it is very lump but it still feels as if I am sinking in some places. Is...

Basement finishing .(lumpy creaky upstairs floor) [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently began a basement remodeling project. Metal studs from cement floor to ceiling joists, greenboard on the walls. The ceiling has been furred down across the floor joists for a tongue and groove ceiling . I used 2x3s for furring as I needed to get down from the floor joists 1.50 inches...

Lumpy teats after being spayed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I took my 7 month old kitten to be spayed last Friday, all was well, until I came home from work on Monday evening and she managed to have pulled her stitches out. I contacted the vets and they asked me to take her in for them to have a look. They then stapled the wound and gave her a...

Injured Ankle [ 4 Answers ]

I injured my ankle a month ago in my ice skating show. My blade got caught and I fell. I was fine but then, my ankle was swollen for about 3 weeks. So, I thought I sprained or just twisted my ankle. ( I didn't see a doctor) It went away and started to heal. But then, somehow it must've gotten hurt...

View more questions Search