Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 01:47 AM
    Thicken Hair
    Hi Everyone

Does any 1 know of any home remedies that can help me thicken mine and my 5yr olds hair... please please please!! :o
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 24, 2009, 12:38 PM

You should not really worry about your daughters hair. She's too young to be doing something to her hair. Thin hair is usually down to genetics or stress.

By the way, have you ever tried Henna? I've used colourless henna on my hair in the past, it did seem to thicken up my hair.
    Also, you can use thickening lotions which are temporary. I <3 GHD Fat hair lotion!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 12:45 PM

Coloring your hair will cause the hair shafts to expane. That will thicken your hair. I don't think I'd color your five-year-old's hair, however.
    shelbyhicks123 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 09:02 AM

Well I'm no expert but I use this shampoo called head and shoulders; volume and it really does work if you towel dry it first and go over it with the hairdryer it just gives it a bit of volume, and if that doesn't work use a little bit of wax underneath your hair and then backcomb it where you put the wax but make sure you cannot see where you back-combed it or applied the wax on to thick or else it looks stupid. Also you could use some hair moose/sparay as an alternative to wax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Best hair product to tame unruly damaged wavy hair- thick [ 1 Answers ]

What products can I use when str8ning that help repair?

Black hair to lighter hair.this is a long story, take heed first time dyers! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I'm not a professional hair colourist, but I am a long standing veteran of home hair colour - I've had my hair all colours, all lengths, all styles and at the moment it's jet black. I've broken all the cardinal rules of hair colouring, and I can safely say that it's too much of a...

View more questions Search