Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichiganGirl10 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 10:46 PM
    The relationship that will never happen
    Ok, so I am going to try my best to explain all of this... so... here it goes.

When I was 13 I lost my virginity to a 40 year old and had a relationship with him for 3 years. I did not tell anybody at all. He malipulated me into thinking that my parents hated me and so on. 3 years passed and I turned 16. I realized that what was going on IS WRONG. So I tried to find a way out of it without my parents knowing. I met a boy online and we saw each other for the first time. We hit it off so I told this guy that what we have is over and I started dating this kid. I finally decided to tell someobody so I told my sister. She cornered me into the bathroom and tricked me because my mother was in the other room. I didn't relize that what she was doing was a good thing at the time so of course I was mad. My whole family and I cryed that hole night while I was expaining everything.
    Eventually me and this kid broke up also because all he wanted was sex and of course, I was dumb enough to give it to him. 4 months passed by and I was still single and alone. My sister tried hooking me up with this guy but I didn't want to be with him because I wasn't ready and because he was leaving for the army very soon. We eventually hooked up and we ended up dating for a year. I ended it because we were about to be engaged and he backed out of it so I said forget it... I need time to be alone.
    My brothers best friend, I have had a crush on for 4 years now. We finally brought our relationship to the next level but we are not together. What should I do? I feel like Im pouring my heart and soul out to him and nothing is working. We have made out and well.. touched each other but have not had sex (I learned from that). But he keeps saying the same thing over and over again. "I just can't date you". It is obvious that he likes me he even says so himself. But confusion is all our "relationship" is about. Am I ready to be hurt again and put down my guard for a guy who is confused about US? I guess I just need advise or reassurance. Thank you.
    A mouse Posts: 42, Reputation: 5

Mar 24, 2009, 01:41 PM
    I'm sorry about your past and I promise you not all guys are like that. In fact there's a whole lot of guys that work their hardest to be the exact opposite of the bad guys.
    Now, the first thing you do is ask the best friend of this guy, your brother, if he's okay with it. If he is, let that guy you like know. If he isn't, the relationship is out of bounds. Know either way that you'll find a wonderful guy one day, whether it's your brother's best friend or somebody else.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 01:52 PM

I think your brothers friend has made it clear that this relationship you desire will not happen.You need to accept that.

It is not unusual for you to have a crush on your brothers friend .I have 3 brothers ,all older and I can't count the number of crushes I had,but that was all it was,a crush.

I hope you realize that life without a BF can be a good life and you don't need a guy in your life to make you complete. You already are :)
    MichiganGirl10 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 10:22 PM

Yea, I think you guys are right. Its just in the back of my head... I think there is hope for me and him... but I guess he will always just be a relationship that will never happen. I guess he has made it pretty clear. Thank you... and if anybody else would like to put their input in... go right ahead ;)
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 12:46 AM
    Wow that's heavy.

I don't know how long it's been since you had your last boyfriend, but my suggestion to you is to have a good stable relationship with yourself first. I don't know if your past is effecting your present, but if it is I believe it's time for some personal growth and time alone.

MRS.S
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 05:15 PM

You seem determined to be in a relationship, but you ignore the best, and healthiest one, you should be developing. The one with yourself, as you pursue your dreams, and not the guys.

No good can ever come thinking a man is what you need to be happy, so stay single, and see what else there is for you in life.

Don't settle for anything less than the best for yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

I really what to know what can happen [ 1 Answers ]

I Know Your Not Suppose To Take More Than 1 800mg Of Ibuprofen Motrin With 6 Hours But The Other Day Mt Boyfriend Took 2 800mg Of Ibuprofen Motrin At Once I Want To Know What Can Happen To Him That He Doesn't Know Is Happening To Him Already

What will happen? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have been with my now partner since my daughter was 10 weeks old. She was born sept 2004. My previous partner left me when I was pregnant and made it clear he would not be part of our child's life. He has a mental illness from a r.t.a and for this reason, I understood and continued with the...

When will it happen? [ 2 Answers ]

Now I know that no one knows when the rapture will take place. Well, even the Bible says no one knows, but when do you think it will take place.

View more questions Search