Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raja_49143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 10:15 PM
    And also cahow to find bad clusters on my hard disk ?
    How to find bad clusters on my hard disk ? And also can we repair the bad clusters if there is any software for that... mentioned me
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 10:26 PM

You need to run a check disk scan for bad sectors. Sometimes the check disk can fix the bad sectors and sometimes it can't. Another way to find out if there are possible bad sectors is to run a disk defragment scan. If there are larger fragmented files that can't be defragged, then your disk clusters may not be able to be fixed.
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 25, 2009, 01:31 PM

There are utilities available on the internet such as Hard drive regenerator and Spinrite that can examine and possibly recover your bad sectors, outside that, depending on how many bad sectors are found, purchasing a new drive may be in order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable hard disk disk not opening [ 7 Answers ]

I inserted my portable hard disk in the usb drive and before opening scanned it for viruses.after about half the scan the scanning got stuck at one point.at that instant all programs became non responsive. I then removed my portable disk immediately.then all programs became responsive. But when I...

Unable to read hard drive due to bad clusters [ 5 Answers ]

I have a data only drive (no OS) that has developed bad cluster section. Due to this, windows xp cannot see the drive although it is seen in BIOS. Due to this problem, I am unable to back the drive up to save my data, anyone know a way of getting at the data before I re-format the drive. Have...

How to find out if hard disk was removed [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I want to find out whether a hard disk of my computer was removed and taken out for some time. Is there some kind of log inside the computer? How to find it : Where is it stored?

Hard Disk - Bad Clusters [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All I was getting physical problem in my hard disk C: drive, on scanning I got 11 bad clusters , also it was mentioned that from now onwards these bad clusters will not be used for data storage . Now I want to upgrade to WIN XP from 98 , so please tell me what should I do for that, and...

View more questions Search