Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronda brown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 09:03 PM
    Natural spring
    How do I know if there's a natural spring underneath my 8 yr. old townhome that was built on a slab?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 09:30 PM

Why do you ask? Do you see water? Check the neighborhood of someone that's lived there before the condos that you are in was built. See what an old neighbor says.

A side from that call a geologist or ask the township if they know of any springs.

Is your area prone for springs?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 10:51 PM

Hi, ronda brown!

What might be leading you to believe that there is a natural spring there, please?

Thanks!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 07:50 AM

We are all curious so try to answer. I have long suspected my home has an under ground spring. Other homes on my street are almost identical but my sump pump turns on/off about every 30 minutes all year long, neighbors do not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural spring? [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I just recently bought a house and after Monday's torrential rainstorm my basement and garage were flooded. I was told by my neighbors that I have a "natural spring" under my house. What does that mean? Am I always going to have water in my finished basement? What can I do to fix this problem?

Natural spring? [ 10 Answers ]

Help! I just recently bought a house and after Monday's torrential rainstorm my basement and garage were flooded. I was told by my neighbors that I have a "natural spring" under my house. What does that mean? Am I always going to have water in my finished basement? What can I do to fix this problem?

View more questions Search