Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doallman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2006, 05:23 PM
    Kenmore Washer Burn Smell
    I have a kenmore washer model number 110.92581210 that the motor smells like it is burning. I put a new motor on but the same thing happens. It goes into agitate but then overloads and then comes back on in about 30 seconds.Same as in spin is it possible the timer can cause the smell in the motor.
    kenmore 70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2006, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doallman
    I have a kenmore washer model number 110.92581210 that the motor smells like it is burning. I put a new motor on but the same thing happens. It goes into agitate but then overloads and then comes back on in about 30 seconds.Same as in spin is it possible the timer can cause the smell in the motor.
    Great site I found many helpful suggestions here... doallman,I had same problem if all pullys turn on your machine basket,pump,transmission,check and see if you can access the prongs in the timer if so take a nail file and clean all points. If that dos not fix it check capisitor on motor For the twenty or so people still using a kenmore 70 ,80,90, that like me machine motor would run slow or weak ,sit and buzz or hum,overheat, stop during cycle,REMOVE TIMER AND CLEAN POINTS
    HeyBirdDog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Maytag Washer / Burning Smell / Smoke / Wouldn't come on: It was the timer. I cleaned the points, and it works. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer problem [ 8 Answers ]

Our kenmore is working fine but in past day it seems the agitator is starting to slip under load. Seems like a retainer nut or such has worked loose and under load the agitator just slips as the spindle inside clicks around doing its job. Under light load it works fine. Can you tell me how to...

Kenmore washer keeps filling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore top loading washer model # 110.26812690. The water keeps filling and won't stop. How do I open the console to reach the water level switch? What and where is the small rubber hose?

Smell behind washer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here and I've recently started to have a smell behind my washer. At first I was told it was sweage smell but was later told it was stall urine.(I don't want either one). The smell seemed to be coming from the pipe that the washer discharges water into. Behind the washer I have...

Kenmore washer woes [ 8 Answers ]

I have an old Kenmore heavy duty washer that has been so faithful till now. The washer will fill up and start aggitating. It keeps aggitating until the spin cycle, then stops... I'll move the timer a tad, and then it will continue aggitating... it will not spin or drain. Could this be the timer?...

View more questions Search