Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    romita Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Mar 23, 2009, 03:38 PM
    I can sense peoples emotions from a distance can anyone tell me how to control it?
    For the past year or so I've been experiencing drastic changes in my mood, but the curious thing is that I'm not the one that is feeling that way at the moment, for example I go into a room and I inmeaditelly know the general mood even without looking at anyone and sometimes when there's someone sad around me without knowing I get sad as well, or when someone sick I get the same simptoms, I have been told it's called empathy and to stop that I have to built some sort of barrier around me so others emotions won't affect me, but I don't really know how to do it. So can anyone please tell me how to manage that cause it's kind of driving me crazy.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 11:54 PM

Hi, romita!

Having empathy for others is what most people would view as being a good trait for a person to have.

Is having empathy for others causing you problems? If so, how, please?

Thanks!

Mar 24, 2009, 04:07 PM

OH it's a good thing for me as well but sometimes I wish I could have more control around some people like ending exausted after talking to them or just being in contact with them.
    And also is there any way to put up barriers to try and stay away from others emotions, like my sister I mean it's like she PMS's EVERY day and it's driving me insane, sometimes her mood swings give me headaches and the same with my dad that has very often when coming from work.
    mss8939 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2009, 04:27 PM

Haha you have a talent! Some people say man I wish I knew what people were thinking? I have a friend that can walk into a room and say particular things about people like she's shy, or yeah she's 19 with some absurd justification, or he has drug seeking behavior even before the guy got involved with cocaine. In honesty this guy could tell you what city in Tennessee somebody might be from and would right be right or close every time I'd call him out on it. He was just that in touch with his environment. What you should do is ask how you can use this talent? Maybe if somebody is sad you could change their mood with a corny knock knock joke. If you learn how to change other peoples moods it would be first hand experience on how to control yours. And imagine the power you'd have if you were happy all the time.
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2009, 02:56 PM

I can look at someone and pick up on them and there true intentions(jealousy of a friend beside them etc)in a second. You can ask someone spiritually to make you able to control it and for them to build a barrier around you. You need to learn breathing techniques so you don't carry or attach yourself to any of those sometimes negative feelings.

Mar 29, 2009, 05:56 PM

Thanks Tai18 I'll look into the breathing thing
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 07:40 AM

It is a good thing you can use to your advantage. The only thing you should worry about is controlling your attitude toward others. Like I know when I feel an attitude from others my defenses go up and I sort of am short with them.
    It is good to have this discernment but use it to your advantage and do not make it a disadvantage.

Apr 5, 2009, 12:15 PM

Now that is true, I'll keep it in mind.

Apr 12, 2009, 07:33 PM

Any empaths out there who can tell me how to put on GOOD shield please. I just had a massive breakdown and it was hell, so please anyone who reads this, help and fast.
    Please.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 01:30 AM

Hi again, romita!

What happened, please?

Thanks!

Apr 15, 2009, 12:06 PM

Ok so, I was leaving school next to my sister last week and we started argueing and she was just plainly insulting me for her own irresponsability, so I just lashed out at her and left and when mom arrived to get us, she saw that I was alone and started yelling at me for leaving my sister alone, wich was really stupid, but I didn't want to tell her why we where argueing because if I had she would be even angrier. So I kept my mouth shut the entire drive home, and she kept yelling for absolutely no reason, so I felt this wave of sadness and I started to cry, really tried not to cry but I just couldn't, I was literally bawling my eyes out, so I asked her if I could walk home because I felt so trapped inside the car and I needed to get away from her, and of course that only made things a lot worse, she yelled even more, if that was even posible. When we got home I took off, I left, I needed air and I walked away, I came back a few hours laters, she had been crying the entire time calling my cell , that I had turned off, and apologized. But the thing is I think I cried for two reason 1) My day had been crappy even before the yelling part, and I NEEDED to let it out . 2) My mom had been extremely sad the whole day because she and my dad had had trouble at work and things weren't working out the way they wanted them to, and she was so frustrated and sad.
    I mentioned it to my dad later that day, and explained everything about her behaviour, he understood and said he was really sorry about everything and that he hopped that I wasn't too angry at her, because you see, I'm the one that they both spill their guts to, because I'm the only one who listens. So I thinks that's what triggered my mums reaction.

So that's what happened.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 06:26 PM

Learn how to meditate. Meditating will help renew your energy and revitalize your whole mind, body and spirit.

I know exactly what your saying in your post. Yes it happens, but you also do not want it to control your whole being which is understandable.

Apr 16, 2009, 01:27 PM

I've tried a mantra in my head
    Things like "it's her feeling not mine", and it worked, for a small amount of time, of course.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 10:18 PM

Meditation will definitely help to center you
    fh513 Posts: 13, Reputation: 0
    -

Apr 25, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Hey everybody,
    People have been asking like how I can controlling it or how can I mediate it or about the dreams or all the engerys etc. I recommend you to checking out at Psychic and Medium Experiences
    So you all can find the answers you have been looking for! I myself as a psychic and good luck.
    will777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 06:19 AM
    Hi romita I saw your empathy questions I don't know it was called empathy but I have the same problem yet I can't control mine either an it gets rough I smile an cover it up which never really works

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Emotions don't make sense [ 26 Answers ]

Why can I be OK 1 min with my boyfriend and then the next turn and hate him? Il ask him a question I don't like the answer so il turn on him and then say whatever and after a argument il always say its over and I actually feel like I want it over at the time and the next day il regret it, I can be...

Emotions don't make sense [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: why can I be OK 1 min with my boyfriend and then the next turn and hate him? Il ask him a question I don't like the answer so il turn on him and then say whatever and after a argument il always say its over and I actually feel like I want it over at the time and the next day il regret...

I feel out of control overwhelming emotions [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 I have issues with my mother that are apparent to everyone . I feel that my relationship with her the way we act and feel towards each other ruins all of my other relationships and that makes me resent her even more . A few years after her divorce she told me she wished I would find someone...

Emotions overriding common sense [ 8 Answers ]

I've got this situation under control as of now. Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it!

View more questions Search