Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scoutmaster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 03:00 PM
    Goodman furnace GMP 075-3 Burners will not ignite
    I have a Goodman GMP 075-3 furnace that will not ignite. I have checked the hose to the pressure switch, and all the limit switches. I have four of them and they all register good. I even tried jumping them out. The igniter comes on and glows, but when the gas valve is supposed to open it does not and the igniter goes back out. This cycle is repeated and nothing happens. The red light on the circuit board has a continuous glow, no flashing. The only thing that I can come up with is that the gas valve is bad. I have read some of the prior questions from others and tried some of the suggestions offered, still nothing.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 08:00 PM

After the hot surface ignitor get red does the burners not even attempt to light. I would try a volt meter on the gas valve at the time for the burners to light to see if you get 24 volts, if you do and the burners don't attempt to light I would say it is the valve.
    Scoutmaster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 05:35 AM

No, the burners do not attempt to light. I hear a click at the valve but no 24 volts. I rechecked the limit switches as it was trying to light but nothing close to the voltage suggested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Main burners on furnace do no ignite [ 8 Answers ]

I have a bryant furnace, model 398. The main burners do not light after the pilot light ignites. I have cleaned the blower motor and everything else I can. Everything looks and sounds good, but the main burners are not getting any gas to them and lighting. Its getting cold in here and need some...

Goodman furnace burners [ 1 Answers ]

How do I ignite the burners on a goodman furnace?

Furnace pilot is on, but burners do not ignite [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier furnace 201BB and the pilot comes on but theburners do not ignite all the time. What can I do. Is there a part that needs changed. HELP

Gas burners on furnace do not ignite [ 3 Answers ]

The gas burners on my furnace do not ignite. When I turn on the heat at the thermostat and set the temperature to a setting higher than the room temperature I can hear a faint click within a couple of seconds. Within a few more seconds the blower comes on, but the burners never fire up. There is a...

Gas furnace burners won't ignite [ 4 Answers ]

17 year old gas furnace... burners won't ignite. What are the logical troubleshooting steps to solve this problem?

View more questions Search