Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CSUfan4 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Mar 23, 2009, 02:09 PM
    New friends (populars)
    I am still stuck in middle school and I am a girl. I have 2 "friends" who smile to the face but stab your back when your not looking. The popular kids have been being nicer to me and I want to kind of be them. I am social and am friends with the most popular boy in the 5 and 6th grade. I am really tired of my old "friends" and I want to move on. How do I drop the bomb on my old "friends?" And, I can't just barge in on the popular kids and say hey do you want to go shopping over the weekend? They already go shopping over weekends and have sleepovers. How would they take it? How do I suggest it? I know that they already do go to the mall and shopping district over the weekend and I want to too. How do I join that group?
    (The questions that I highlighted please try to answer!) thanks

P.S.: please DON'T give me that but its not important to be popular speech. Thanks again!!
    daddysgirl86 Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Mar 23, 2009, 02:18 PM
    You dont have to just drop your "old" group friends. Just kind of let them go. When they ask to do things say you already have plans. There are no rules that say you have to always stay friends with someone for the rest of your life. Everyone grows apart.

As for your "new" group you want to start talking with. Why not just go up to them and introduce yourself. Thats how I always meet my friends. Start sitting with them at lunch. Talking with them in the halls. Those kind of things. It takes some time to just start going out to different places with people. Get to know them and make sure you are comfortable with them before you go anywhere.

Hope this helps!!!
    Jessica
    salamander5 Posts: 87, Reputation: 5

May 5, 2009, 04:55 PM

If your old friends are being mean to you and treating you badly, you have a right to stop being friends with them! You shouldn't let people stab you in the back and push you around. And as for getting friends with the others, just start talking to them and invite them to a sleepover or something. It may be sort of hard to do, but if you want to get to know them, you've got to make your own opportunity. And if you have stuff in common with any of them, just talk about that. It's a good way to start. Hope this helped!
    xoxoheartsnluv Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 08:18 PM

Just tell your old friends that your tired of their bs(bull sh*t)
    I had the same problem before.
    Ask the populars to come to your house for a sleepover and make sure they have a good time.
    jerieischillin Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 10:56 AM

Don't drop your old friends caz one day you'll really need them and they won't be there,so it doesn't about popularity,as long you got friends that's all that matters,popular kids are just regular people
    heretohelp411 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 11:02 AM
    You do not have to ditch your old friends in order to put yourself in this new group of people... "make new friends but KEEP the old" There's nothing wrong with wanting to change up your social clique just be friendly and outgoing and confident and hopefuilly the new group will be receptive of you. If not trust me it wonn't be the end of the world the second you graduate it no longer matters how popular you are or who you were friends with just what kind of person you become.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

A new year both best friends to ex friends [ 2 Answers ]

It was a new year for me at school and two of my best friends fight for a dum thing I asked them both what happened they didn't answer my first friend won't talk to me if I talk to the other friend I really want to talk to my first friend I think she mad What should I do?? To make up these...

View more questions Search