Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 11:37 AM

I think having an open mind sets your possibilities to an endless margin. Some people are different... for me, the last thing I want is a girlfriend (which is why I find myself in an awkward situation as we speak), and to others, having a girlfriend is a really big deal.

What else makes you happy? Life is not a fairytale written by some stranger, it is a journey written by you...
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 11:39 AM

That is why kc gets all the ladies, because he doesn't want one. :D
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    That is why kc gets all the ladies, because he doesn't want one. :D
    Wow... totally blushing now... :o
    PirandelloLuigi Posts: 256, Reputation: 18

Mar 26, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    I think having an open mind sets your possibilities to an endless margin. Some people are different...for me, the last thing I want is a girlfriend (which is why I find myself in an awkward situation as we speak), and to others, having a girlfriend is a really big deal.

What else makes you happy? Life is not a fairytale written by some stranger, it is a journey written by you...
    I think it's worth it, yes a relationship has ups and downs, but if you are with the right person you can really share a lot of great moments and help each other with all the challenges life brings at you.

Even though my girlfriend and I were not very compatible, I loved to share moments with her and help her and care for her. I am going to miss when she called me ''babe'' and phoned me at night to talk before going to bed. I know it's small little things, but just the fact she was thinking of me, I'm going to miss that.
    Hathor Posts: 73, Reputation: 9

Mar 27, 2009, 12:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PirandelloLuigi View Post
    I put the pics on an external usb drive, believe it or not there is actualy a picture that helps me get over her. She had this thing about being taller than me that really bothered her. She was 5'9 and im 5'11, in this pic she looks taller and not physicly attractive or physicly compatible with me. She also never wore her her high heel shoes when we were together.

I look forward to the future and my next relationship i wish to find a more petite woman, i am a romantic guy and i like to be able to pick up my woman in my arms and carry her.
    This is probably wired in my brain or geneticly programmed. No offense to the talll girls out there, i am sure you tall girls feel weird too when your man is shorter.

So one thing to check early is are you compatible and can you deal with the incompatibilities, can you just walk pass them or will they cause constant headaches and just add to the reasons of breaking up in the future.

What do you think KC ?
    PirandelloLuigi, no offence, but you've come across as being shallow, seriously, you got turned off by her height? If it really was a big deal for you, you shouldn't have gotten into a relationship with her in the first place, knowing you would be so INCOMPATIBLE anyway, gosh, there're million other ways to be INCOMPATIBLE, and then you went on about petite girls... well, everyone has some sort of a physical type, but when it comes to love, THAT'S NOT AT ALL THE IMPORTANT PART, what if the most compatible girl in the world for you in terms of personality, interests, tastes etc is a foot taller than you? So you'll cast her aside just because she's taller? I know you mean no harm to taller girls, date whoever you like, tall, petite, blond, brunette, white, asian, black, hispanic, mixed whatever.Just want to point out that at the end of the day, PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Good that you've got rid of her photos, good that you've moved on, but your attitude doesn't help, it'll become a big relationship issue in the future if you don't add this certain DEPTH in yourself.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 08:33 AM
    I think it's worth it, yes a relationship has ups and downs, but if you are with the right person you can really share a lot of great moments and help each other with all the challenges life brings at you.

Even though my girlfriend and i were not very compatible, i loved to share moments with her and help her and care for her. I am going to miss when she called me ''babe'' and phoned me at night to talk before going to bed. I know it's small little things, but just the fact she was thinking of me, im gonna miss that.
    I understand that, and I missed that more than anything when I broke up with my ex. I do think, however, that you are searching for something that you, yourself, should be able to fill. I caution you on getting a girlfriend just to fill a void in your life. Being alone isn't bad at all, and it is much different that being lonely.

Are you happy with yourself? Are you happy without a girlfriend?

Mar 27, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hathor View Post
    PirandelloLuigi, no offence, but you've come across as being shallow, seriously, you got turned off by her height? If it really was a big deal for you, you shouldn't have gotten into a relationship with her in the first place, knowing you would be so INCOMPATIBLE anyway, gosh, there're million other ways to be INCOMPATIBLE, and then you went on about petite girls...well, everyone has some sort of a physical type, but when it comes to love, THAT'S NOT AT ALL THE IMPORTANT PART, what if the most compatible girl in the world for you in terms of personality, interests, tastes etc is a foot taller than you? So you'll cast her aside just because she's taller? I know you mean no harm to taller girls, date whoever you like, tall, petite, blond, brunette, white, asian, black, hispanic, mixed whatever.Just wanna point out that at the end of the day, PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Good that you've got rid of her photos, good that you've moved on, but your attitude doesn't help, it'll become a big relationship issue in the future if you don't add this certain DEPTH in yourself.
    I never had a problem with her height. She was the one bringing it up all the time, because she wanted to wear high heels. I told her go ahead, wear them, I don't mind. But she never did, she did not like to feel taller than me. On our first date she said '' you don't look like your 5'11'' and then asked me to show her my hand and she measured with her hand and looked dissapointed cause her hand was a little bigger. On our first date. She was already looking at physical attributes.

I would never refuse a woman for these things if I am in love with her. I accepted these minor things and I loved her with all my heart.

Mar 27, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    I understand that, and I missed that more than anything when I broke up with my ex. I do think, however, that you are searching for something that you, yourself, should be able to fill. I caution you on getting a girlfriend just to fill a void in your life. Being alone isn't bad at all, and it is much different that being lonely.

Are you happy with yourself? Are you happy without a girlfriend?
    I am happy with myself yes, a girlfriend compliments my life and I compliment hers, doing things that couple do, spending time with family and friends. It's always more fun as a couple than alone I find.

I also know that now I have to move on and work on myself again, to get myself confidence back and not blame the failure of my last relationship on myself. I just can't believe this happened to us, it feels like a bad dream, we did not deserve this sad ending.

Like you said KC, being alone is not that bad. I have less pressure financially, I can do what I want when I want, I don't feel drained anymore, from all the arguments we were having.
    I don't have to endure temper tantrums and ultimatums anymore. I can be myself again, not somebody I wasn't. I just have to work on the missing her on week ends part. The hardest part. Damn I'm gooing to miss her.
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 10:54 AM
    I am happy with myself yes, a girlfriend compliments my life and i compliment hers, doing things that couple do, spending time with family and friends. it's always more fun as a couple than alone i find.

I also know that now i have to move on and work on myself again, to get my self confidence back and not blame the failure of my last relationship on myself. I just can't believe this happened to us, it feels like a bad dream, we did not deserve this sad ending.

Like you said KC, being alone is not that bad. I have less pressure financialy, i can do what i want when i want, i don't feel drained anymore, from all the arguments we were having.
    i don't have to endure temper tantrums and ultimatums anymore. I can be myself again, not somebody i wasn't. I just have to work on the missing her on week ends part. The hardest part. Damn im gooing to miss her.
    That isn't what being in any relationship is about.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 05:45 PM

What a great thread Rome , well done!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 08:12 AM

Great information, insights, and solutions. Good job!!
    Arzy99 Posts: 67, Reputation: 17

Mar 28, 2009, 01:57 PM

Brilliant thread Rome!. hopefully the newcomers on this site can use this info and all the other stickies to recover from their time of grief... NC helped me actually see things clearly for once, with an objective mind - I was finally able to get closure through NC and realise that my ex actually left me for another guy (she never really told me why she left apart from 'I feel uncomfortable in a relationship and don't know why') and now I'm well on the way to happiness and its all thanks to this site and people like Rome, KC and Tal among others!. thank you very much!

Mar 28, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Arzy99 View Post
    Brilliant thread Rome!!.. hopefully the newcomers on this site can use this info and all the other stickies to recover from their time of grief... NC helped me actually see things clearly for once, with an objective mind - I was finally able to get closure through NC and realise that my ex actually left me for another guy (she never really told me why she left apart from 'I feel uncomfortable in a relationship and dont know why') and now I'm well on the way to happiness and its all thanks to this site and people like Rome, KC and Tal among others!!... thank you very much!!
    Arzy99, My ex told me the same thing, she said she didn't want to be in a serious relationship at the moment. I think she is with someone else too. I am not sure 100% but it's the gut feeling I am having. If she is, she would not tell me right now anyway and I do not want to know. That's why I chose NC with her. I think she prefers casual relationships to serious ones. I think it's for the best, we can't do anything but accept what happened. If they love us they will come back one day. Sometimes they feel crowded or smothered and they need to get away to see if they miss us and test their feelings.

Mar 31, 2009, 12:24 PM

Hi guys!
    I have a question concerning no contact. This coming Friday I have to go to my apointment at the dental clinic where she works. I have to pay what I owe them and ask if I can continue my treatments at another location.

Am I breaking the no contact rule by going there?
    Since she works as a receptionist there, I will probably see her again and she will try to talk to me.

What should I do?
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:38 PM

Contact the office via phone and pay your bill via phone or mail.

You know there are ways around the in person contact.

Mar 31, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Contact the office via phone and pay your bill via phone or mail.

You know there are ways around the in person contact.
    Can't do that I have an apointment.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 01:07 PM

But the fact is you have known about the appointment for a while. The appointment could have been cancelled or scheduled on a day that she was not scheduled. Breaking NC only hurts you.

Mar 31, 2009, 01:10 PM

If I just act like another patient, I won't break NC, as long as we don't get into personal details it should be OK. It's the last time I go there.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 01:11 PM

Good luck to you, but we all know you are not just another patient.

Most importantly you and she know you are not just another patient.

Wishing you the best.

Mar 31, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Good luck to you, but we all know you are not just another patient.

Most importantly you and she know you are not just another patient.

Wishing you the best.
    But last time I was there she acted like nothing happened. I can do the same and show I am not weak and depressed anymore. I will show her that I moved on too. Why have fear to go pay my last bill and change location for my next apointment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

FAQ's on flame sensors [ 1 Answers ]

Northernheat expert where do I find the FAQ"S that you suggest I read

New bathroom install in basement. General FAQ's [ 5 Answers ]

I recently committed to the wife for a new 1/2 bath in the basement. We purchased a SaniFlo Macerating Toilet and a standard sink/vanity for install. The room is prepped and I am moving onto the plumbing. We have a dis-agreement. A little help from anyone here would be nice! I have the sink...

1990 CRX no start, read the FAQ's... [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, here we go…. 1990 CRX DX 1.5 Manual Trans, Canada Driving to work the other morning, came to a stop and my 1990 CRX quit. I tried to re-start but it would not fire. Rolls over just fine but not even a hint of starting. Got it back home and broke out the Honda manual.. Yes, I have the...

View more questions Search