Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 07:06 AM
    Dying a dolls hair (synthetic)
    Hi guys, well I'm making a doll of a character out of a game but the only doll I could find with long enough hair is blonde... unfortunately the characters hair is dark brown. I've searched everywhere and come up with nothing.

I've heard that acrylic paint thinned down works really well... then I found another site that said don't do it.

I've heard that sharpie markers work... but it takes about 10 years to color the whole head.

Any other ideas? It's just for my friend so (no offense to them) I don't want to spend a fortune making it. :)
    SlyPhoenix Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2009, 07:06 PM

Hmm that's a interesting thought, dying a dolls hair, have you considered clothes dye?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 12:23 PM

Thanks phoenix, I'm at the point where I'm just going to get some old barbie dolls and test a few things.
    I'll post my findings when I do it :)
    SlyPhoenix Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2009, 09:52 AM

Your welcome hope it goes well!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair dying [ 1 Answers ]

I have black hair and want to remove it to try something lighter only prob is I've been black about three years and have plenty of build up can anyone suggest what will remove it or has anyone used loreal effasol

Can dying your hair darker cause hair thinning or loss? [ 2 Answers ]

Can coloring your hair cause it to thin? I have had significant thinning, maybe 20% and it not only seemed to start a year and a half ago when I first started to color my hair, but I noticed more loss right within a few days of having it colored. I haven't had it colored now for about 3 months, and...

Removing hair dye and dying hair after [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have had my hair black for about a year now and have decided to take it out. I will be using a product that was recommended for me before when I had dark hair by a professional (Goldwell Colour Remover). I have two questions. 1) Will a dye remover take out colour that has been in the hair...

Dying Hair [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know does anyone have any idea how to dye jet black hair? I did it once but it didn't go to the roots of my hair and the color always washed out when I shampooed? I just would like to know would I have to bleach my hair blonde than dye it the color or what? Taff:o

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

View more questions Search