doitgppd4u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 06:39 AM
    What is the square foot amount when bidding on cleaning contracts
    Wi want info on bidding
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 01:22 AM

Hi, doitgppd4u!

Is this concerning residential, commercial or some other kind of cleaning? Also, it would help us to help you the best if we could know an approximate location for where you are wanting to know about the prices because the prices will vary greatly depending on the location and the type of cleaning that is to be done.

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 08:25 PM

Also the size and type of building. Medical buildings require much more experience and time for example as compared to a general office.

Also, the density is a major factor; are there a lot of people in the building? Is it a high 'traffic' building? This means more supplies will be used by you and also with the consumable products (Paper towels, hand soaps, TP, etc)

With more people you will have more work, more garbage and trash bags, more wear on the floors, more cleaning to do, etc.

All these factors plus what Clough told you factor into the total monthly price i.e. square footage price.

If you are only looking for HOW to figure a square footage price; then simply divide the total 'cleanable' square footage by the total monthly price for a monthly price. For an annual sq ft price, simply take that monthly sq ft price times 12 months...

Most property management companies usually deal in annual sq ft pricing.

Please get back with us to talk about what you need.

Stringer
    msselina58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 05:37 PM
    Private owner renovating old school building into renovated charter school located in Charlotte, Mecklenburg Cty, NC

110,360 square foot (3 separate buildings) old school building with 39 classrooms (6, 7,8th grades) being renovated for a charter school.
    High dusting, cleaning stainless steel fountains, cafeteria cabinets, walls, kitchen appliances, refrigeration, student lockers, carpet cleaning, shampooing, vacuum, all bathrooms stalls, sinks, toilets, walls, floors, pressure wash all 3 buildings,clean gym floors, bathrooms, showers, lockers, clean inside/outside windows,
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 8, 2012, 07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msselina58 View Post
    private owner renovating old school building into renovated charter school located in Charlotte, Mecklenburg Cty, NC

110,360 square foot (3 separate buildings) old school building with 39 classrooms (6, 7,8th grades) being renovated for a charter school.
    high dusting, cleaning stainless steel fountains, cafeteria cabinets, walls, kitchen appliances, refrigeration, student lockers, carpet cleaning, shampooing, vacuum, all bathrooms stalls, sinks, toilets, walls, floors, pressure wash all 3 buildings,clean gym floors, bathrooms, showers, lockers, clean inside/outside windows,
    Please start your own thread, you will receive many more responses instead of 'piggy backing' on someone else's thread. When you do I would be happy to help. Although please define in more detail exactly what your question is; how to bid, pricing, bidding, etc.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Estimate per square foot for commercial office cleaning [ 8 Answers ]

Estimate per square foot for commercial office cleaning

Estimate per square foot for commercial office cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

What is the average fee per square foot for office cleaning?

What is the going rate for cleaning a car dealership by the square foot [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a cleaning service and I want to know the going rate for cleaning a car dealership by the square foot. What is the going rate for cleaning a car dealership in the southeastern Pennsylvania area at 1700 square feet?

What do I charge per square foot for cleaning [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am starting a residential and office cleaning business. I want to charge by the square foot. How much per square foot do I charge for a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly cleaning for offices and residential homes? I also would like to know how much to charge for a fitness gym. Thanks

Price for square foot cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

How much is for square feet cleaning

View more questions Search